Uh-oh. You haven't set your gender on your Google account. We check this to keep for girls only.
To set your gender on Google:
Bollywood is gradually shifting its focus from sanskars of uber rich families to quirks and serenity of small towners, and we are loving it! ‘Bareilly Ki Barfi’ was a movie that took our hearts this weekend. There were some moments in it that were so well played, we could not stop ourselves from either laughing out loud or getting emotional. These are going to stay with us for a while, so might as well discuss them with you!
1. Remember when Bitti (Kriti Sanon) was absconding from Bareilly but then the book Bareilly Ki Barfi came along as a mighty saviour for her mother because 2000 bucks… (as Bitti stole it from her mother’s blouse.)
2. When we thought teaching awaragardi to Vidrohi ji (Rajkummar Rao) would be so difficult for Chirag Dubey (Ayushmann Khurrana) but Vidrohi ji nailed it when he said ‘rangbaaz log to mudke hi nahi dekhte na bhaiya.’
3. Chirag’s beautiful birthday celebration that makes Bitti ki barfis taste even sweeter. *Hearts*
4. That scene where Vidrohi ji handled the traffic after having his paan like a boss...pure gem, this moment was epic! Rajkummar Rao stole the show with that. *Claps*
5. There were so many moments when we thought ‘tell her that you wrote Bareilly ki Barfi Chirag!’ But the one by the pond where Bitti desperately wanted to meet the writer and she kept on poking Chirag and all he did was look at her and smile… uff!
6. Pritam Vidrohi’s proposal to Rama on the boat (gone wrong), which took them to a suicide point exactly when Rama rejected his proposal, could not get any funnier...
7. Bitti’s papa stole the show with his heart-melting dialogues for his daughter - hilarious and so relatable! And that ‘Sandas se lekar Sushila tak sab dikh raha hai’ moment...too good!
8. And Bitti’s mom nailed the chai and sharbat moments with every guy that came in the house...married men, bye bye, single guys, ‘sharbat piyoge, beta?’
9. Oh boy, and that love letter. Chirag wrote a love letter to Bitti for her shaadi that made all of us go ‘awww’ and the time Bitti confessed that she knows the truth… It was all so beautiful!
If you’ve watched the movie, you know what we are talking about, if you haven’t then you are missing out on all the fun. So go on, book your tickets now!