Junior Lifestyle Editor
No matter how much the society tries to wear women down with labels - what we can and cannot do, we need to break free from all shackles and live our life on our own terms. Social media is a great place to start making ourselves heard - here are 10 unbeatably sassy quotes to put up as your next Facebook status.
1. ‘I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story – I will.’ - Amy Schumer, Source
2. ‘The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.’ - Ayn Rand, Source
3. ‘First of all, who cares if people hate you? There’s always a guarantee that certain people will dislike you. There’s never any guarantee that anyone will like you. So if anyone likes you at all, you’ve already won.’ - Chelsea Handler, Source
4. ‘...Don’t waste your energy trying to educate or change opinions. Go “Over! Under! Through!” and opinions will change organically when you’re the boss. Or they won’t. Who cares? Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.’ - Tina Fey, Source
5. ‘Do you want to meet the love of your life? Look in the mirror.’ - Byron Katie, Source
6. ‘Power is not given to you. You have to take it.’ - Beyoncé, Source
7. ‘The best thing you can possibly do with your life is to tackle the motherf**king sh*t out of it.’ - Cheryl Strayed, Source
8. ‘I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me that trouble of liking them.’ - Jane Austen, Source
9. ‘The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.’ - Gloria Steinem, Source
10. ‘Of course you can have it all. What are you going to do? Everything is my guess. It will be a little messy but embrace the mess. It will be complicated but rejoice in the complications. It will not be anything like what you think it will be like, but surprises are good for you. And don’t be frightened: You can always change your mind. I know: I’ve had four careers and three husbands.’ - Nora Ephron, Source
Sign in to POPxo World
India’s largest platform for women
Read. Watch. Shop. Hangout.
Sign up for POPxo World!
Sign in to see the latest in life-changing products, empowering stories and infinitely amusing videos!