Senior Lifestyle Writer
We all have good days and bad days. Sometimes the good days stretch themselves out like a comfortable blanket. The bad days also claim their fair share in our life. Especially when we are young, we can go from bright and vivacious to low and depressed very easily. Here are 21 reminders for every 21 year old needs to hear.
1. It is okay if you don’t know exactly what you want to do with your life.
2. Even if your friends have boyfriends and you don’t, you are not going to be alone all your life.
3. Every person feels lost at some point or another. Things can only go uphill from there.
4. You might be having a tough time with your parents, but now is a good time as any to pick up the phone and tell them that you love them.
5. Don’t let failures define your self-worth.
6. Life is too short for what-ifs. If you find someone cute, walk up to them and compliment them.
7. Allow yourself to set boundaries and say ‘No’.
8. When things don’t go as planned and you are not treated with respect in a relationship, find the courage to walk away.
9. Even when you feel lonely and dejected, you have far too many people to love you to ever be alone.
10. Being disappointed in yourself only means that you know that you can do it better.
11. Everyone is just as scared as you are.
12. You might lose some old friends along the way, but you’ll make many new ones.
13. Comparing yourself to others will do more harm than good.
14. Stand up for yourself when someone chooses to dismiss you, just because ‘you are a woman’.
15. You need to cut yourself some slack when things don’t go well.
16. Hone the ability to have a good laugh at yourself.
17. Sometimes you just need to take off with a backpack and travel.
18. Love the person that you find in the mirror.
19. Time and again, forgive yourself.
20. Don’t expect people to read your mind, ask for what you want.
21. Change is really the only constant and that’s not a bad thing.
SIGN IN TO POPxo WORLD
to see what other girls are talking about
Read. Watch. Shop. Hangout.
Sign up for POPxo World!