Books are the land of imagination we all need to often fall back on. They might sometimes give us unreal expectations about romance and sex but hey, that’s the thing about imagination - it doesn’t have to be real. We’ve got 15 sexy quotes that are so steamy that you will find yourself ‘in the mood’ in an instant!
1. ‘Their bodies had met in perfumes, in sweat, frantic to get under that thin film with a tongue or a tooth, as if they each could grip character there and during love pull it right off the body of the other.’ - Michael Ondaatje, The English Patient
2. ‘Licence my roving hands, and let them go. Before, behind, between, above, below.’ - John Donne, To His Mistress Going To Bed
3. ‘I cannot let you burn me up, nor can I resist you. No mere human can stand in a fire and not be consumed.’ - A.S. Byatt, Possession
4. ‘Then my hands go to sink into your hair, to cherish slowly the depth of your hair while we kiss as if our mouths were filled with flowers or with fish, with lively moments and dark fragrance. And if we bite each other the pain is sweet, and if we smother each other in a brief and terrible sucking in together of our breaths, that momentary death is beautiful.’ - Julio Cortázar, Hopscotch
5. ‘He was careful not to hurt her. She could feel how soft she felt to him. She could feel herself through him. Her skin. The way her body existed only where he touched her. The rest of her was smoke.’ - Arundhati Roy, The God of Small Things
6. ‘There is no room in my body for anything but you. My arms love you, my ears adore you, my knees shake with blind affection.’ - William Goldman, The Princess Bride
7. ‘I kissed his neck, the span of his chest, and tasted the salt. He seemed to swell beneath my touch, to ripen. He smelled like almonds and earth. He pressed against me, crushing my lips to wine.’ - Madeline Miller, The Song of Achilles
8. ‘How could anyone compare grudging acquiescence to this, the heady moment when a powerful woman trusted you enough to let herself be powerless?’ - Kit Rocha, Beyond Temptation
9. ‘Man… Heats up like a lightbulb: red hot in the twinkling of an eye and cold again in a flash. The female, on the other hand… Heats up like an iron. Slowly, over a low heat, like tasty stew. But then, once she has heated up, there's no stopping her.’ - Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
10. ‘While I’ve been naked before, I’ve never been bare. Not like I am with him. I feel like he can see every bit of me, every ugly, unlovable part of me I’ve tried for years to hide away. He sees me. And he wants me anyway.’ - Brighton Walsh, Caged in Winter: A Reluctant Hearts Novel
11. ‘Eat me, drink me; thirsty, cankered, I go back and back to him to have his fingers strip the tattered skin away and clothe me in his dress of water, this garment that drenches me, its slithering odour, its capacity for drowning.’ - Angela Carter, The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories
12. ‘No wonder people took sex so seriously, or not seriously enough at all. Sex addled your wits and stole your body. It was like being lost and found all at once.’ - Kylie Scott, Lick
13. ‘Touched by her fingers, the two surviving chocolate people copulate desperately, losing themselves in a melting frenzy of lust, spending the last of their brief borrowed lives in a spasm of raspberry cream and fear.’ - Neil Gaiman, The Sandman: Brief Lives
14. ‘Wrapping the unbound laces of her corset around his wrists, Marco pulls her down to the floor with him. They continue to remove layer after layer until nothing separates them. Trapped in silence, Marco traces apologies and adorations across Celia’s body with his tongue.’ - Eric Morgenstern, The Night Circus
15. ‘His body was urgent against her, and she didn't have the heart anymore to fight… She saw his eyes, tense and brilliant, fierce, not loving. But her will had left her. A strange weight was on her limbs. She was giving way.’ - D.H. Lawrence, Lady Chatterley's Lover
Sign in to POPxo World
India’s largest platform for women
Read. Watch. Shop. Hangout.
Sign up for POPxo World!