Uh-oh. You haven't set your gender on your Google account. We check this to keep for girls only.
To set your gender on Google:
Black Forest Cake is probably one of the most popular and delicious cakes there is. While the dessert may look complicated, it can actually be very easily made at home. Here’s the recipe. Make sure to give it a go and impress your loved ones!
To make black forest cake, all you need is :
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tin condensed milk
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream, chilled
- 3 tbsp icing sugar, optional
- 1 small tin canned cherries
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
For the cake:
- Grease two 7” round cake tins with butter and line with baking paper. Keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add condensed milk and melted butter and beat well to combine everything.
- Lastly add vanilla essence and hot water and beat until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the batter equally into the greased cake tins and bake for 25 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let it cool completely.
For the cream:
- Pour the whipping cream into a large bowl along with icing sugar (if required) and whip until stiff peaks form. This should take about 4-5 mins. Cover with a cling film wrap and chill in the refrigerator until use.
- Sieve the canned cherries and reserve the cherry syrup. Deseed the cherries.
- Level the cakes using a sharp knife to create a flat surface. Place one layer of cake on a plate. Poke holes into the cake.
- Spoon a generous amount of the reserved cherry syrup on top of the cake until the cake is completely soaked.
- Spread a layer of whipped cream. Top with cherries.
- Place the second layer of cake on top upside down. Poke holes and spoon the cherry syrup. Completely cover the cake with whipped cream. Sprinkle chocolate shavings to garnish and decorate with whole cherries.
Wait! Don't forget to subscribe to POPxo Yum here.
Don't forget to check out POPxo World! It's YOUR world, where you can Read great content, Watch our videos, Shop for things we have chosen especially for you and Hangout with women who are just like you. Sign up for POPxo World - it’s a lot of fun!!