What comes to your mind when you hear the name Yo Yo Honey Singh? His songs, right? ‘Desi Kalakaar’, ‘ Blue Eyes’, ‘Love Dose’, ‘One Bottle Down’ and many more such absurd sounding tracks. We know we dance to these songs at all the parties we go to, but seriously, we think his songs are famous for all the wrong reasons. They are offensive, senseless and so misleading. We fail to understand why people love him so much and when we found this thread on Quora where people are listing down the reasons Honey Singh is famous, we couldn’t help but share it with you all. So here, read these answers and find out what people have to say when it comes to the question of why is Yo Yo Honey Singh so famous!
1. ‘…he thought it was someone saying Honey…Sing!’ - Haha, this is hilarious!
Anonymous answers on Quora: Maybe someone once called him by his full name, and he thought it was someone saying ‘Honey… Sing!’
2. ‘People love everything that is popular.’ - That’s true.
Prabhat Rayal answers on Quora: Because most of the people love EVERYTHING THAT IS POPULAR. Gone are the days when the lyrics used to have some meaning. Now it’s just random words, auto-tuned stuff, some weird dance moves and robotic voices saying PARTY, DARU etc.
3. ‘His songs… end in reducing the IQ of a person.’ - Couldn’t agree more!
Anujay Singh answers on Quora: His songs are a total crap and only end in reducing the IQ of a person.
4. ‘He is a badass. People like badasses.’ - Well, maybe you need to change your definition of badass.
Siddharth Parwatay answers on Quora: He has an image and persona. He is a badass. People like badasses. Period.
5. ‘Swear words’ - It’s sad but true that a lot of people think that’s cool.
Witson Lance answers on Quora: It’s mostly because of some teens and some adults who think that listening to his music (which mostly includes swear words and no meaning at all) makes them feel cool.
6. ‘Because he is a creepy magnet!’ - This is SO funny.
Abhishek Khare answers on Quora: Because he is a creepy magnet! And there are creepy iron fillings present around us stick to him astonished!
7. ‘Because he is an adult who calls himself Yo Yo’ - Yeah, man, who does that?!
Pradipta Sarkar answers on Quora: Because he is an adult who calls himself Yo Yo - appeals to the inner child lurking within the hearts of a lot of grown men.
You can read the full thread here on Quora.
So what do YOU think about Yo Yo Honey Singh?
GIFs: Giphy, Tumblr
Published on Apr 07, 2017