If you’ve never got a bikini wax and wonder what it is like, you’re at the right place. We found a Quora thread where women are talking about how it feels getting waxed down there and you have to read it.
1. ‘Getting a bikini wax involves a bit of a pain, yet it’s oh-so-gratifying when you're done.’ - That’s true!
Alice Hunt answers on Quora: Getting a bikini wax involves a bit of a pain, yet it’s oh-so-gratifying when you're done. I'll be honest with you, getting your first bikini wax is not a fun experience. That said, it's a long-lasting method to removing your hair than shaving, making it a good option for those summer months when you don't want to reach for the razor.
2. ‘It will hurt in the split second it takes them to pull of the wax, but the worst part (for me anyway) is the waiting.’ - Couldn’t agree more.
Katrina M. Bond answers on Quora: Yes, it will be painful, to an extent. It will hurt in the split second it takes them to pull of the wax, but the worst part (for me anyway) is the waiting. After they apply the wax, I know they're about to pull it off, and I tense up. I've probably had this wax done at least 9 times, and I still tense up, but it is much less painful now.
3. ‘It's quite bearable.’ - Only when you get used to it.
Susanna Cho answers on Quora: It's different. You get wax on the area and have someone physically rip the hair out. Can hurt a little but usually it's quite bearable.
4. ‘My first time: Extremely traumatic!’ - Ouch!
Jasmine Pereira answers on Quora: My first time: Extremely traumatic, I wish I'd taken a sedative first. My tenth time: Slept through the whole thing. Relax! You'll be fine.
5. ‘It is a little messy.’ - Oh yeah, it is.
Johnny Neilson answers on Quora: If your wax is at the right temperature and you hold your skin and rip it off. It is nothing. It is a little messy.
You can read the full thread here and here on Quora.
So now you know what it is like to get a bikini wax!
GIFs: Giphy, Tumblr Want to know more?
Published on Apr 29, 2017