13 Struggles Of Being A ‘Chashmish’ That Are SO. Damn. Real!
All the ladies out there who wear glasses, say aye! Being a specky isn’t exactly the easiest thing in the world. Having 2 sets of eyes because one set just ain’t enough… There’s nothing simple about that. So, here are a few struggles girls who wear glasses will get!
1. There’s something sitting on your nose… All. The. Time.
Like, literally! No metaphors involved!
2. AND it marks its territory with permanent dent type things on either side of your nose!
So, even if you do not have your glasses on people know you are a chashmish!
3. Watching 3D movies is a task… Because chashme pe chashma!
Glasses over the 3D glasses or 3D glasses over the glasses? You can never decide!
4. When it rains you wish you could get wipers on your glasses!
Seriously, that sh*t is hard! Especially when you are driving!
5. Also, when you are sweating at the gym and it trickles onto your glasses...
Science? Are you listening? We need a solution for this ASAP! It’s making life so much harder for all us speckies!
6. Kissing is hard… Especially if he wears glasses too!
And if you forget to remove your glasses before getting all smoochy and kissy you are bound to have a collision before you can get any kind of action! *Awkward*
7. Nope, you can't wear any kind of stylish sunglasses!
Because you’d rather be blinded by the sun (or get the anti-glare glasses) than actually get sunglasses custom-made for your power.
8. Two words - roller coasters.
It’s either blind swooshing and zooming up and down or you need to make mechanical changes to your specs (Rubber band around the ears or maybe double sided tape?) to keep them in place when you are upside down!
9. Washing anything turns into a splutter fest… And dishes are the absolute worst!
So. Friggin. Irritating! Argh!
10. Cold day, hot cup of tea… You blow on it and viola! There’s fog on your glasses! *Slow claps*
Dear condensation, WTF?
11. Once in a blue moon when you remove your glasses and wear lens instead, people refuse to recognize you.
And for the longest time you have no idea why your friends are giving you weird looks and won’t let you share their fries.
12. The incessant questions around ‘Hey, why don’t you wear lenses?’
Why not? Sticking a plastic thingy on your eyeball while literally poking your own eye ain’t a big deal, now, is it?
13. And the ultimate struggle - not being able to find your glasses without having your glasses on!
Mr. Einstein… If you’re up there, maybe drop a solution to this, on one of our heads sometime soon? Kay, thanks.
Published on Mar 18, 2017