My Dear Husband,I may not be the girl of your dreams (for I know you dream of Deepika Padukone *Rolls eyes*) but, I am the girl who can make all your dreams come true. I may not be perfect, but you and I are perfect together. So, if you didn’t already know this, there are plenty of perks of marrying a girl like me, for life with me is going to be a fun, fun ride that’d look something like this…
1. I’ll probably never cook rotis as round as the moon, but I’ll take you out to the best places in town and we’ll eat everything the world has to offer.
Exploring new places and trying out new delicacies - that’s the dream, isn’t it?
2. I will crib and cry and complain about the world to you, but every time you’ll need to vent, I’ll be there for you.
I’ll patiently hear you out and let you unburden yourself, for I know it’s not a perfect world out there, and we all need space to cool off.
3. I will fight with you and argue with you, but I’ll never bottle up my feelings, let resentment brew and affect our relationship…
… Because I’m aware that perfect relationships need constant rebuilding. I will never tire of making ‘us’ work.
4. I will take time to dress up and get ready, yes, but I’ll end up looking like a total bombshell and you’ll have some serious trouble taking your eyes off me.
I’ll be worth the wait, I promise.
5. I will accept your failure and stand with you through it all…
… For I have failed in life too, and I know what disappointment feels like. But I’ve also picked myself up and given life a chance again. And together, we’ll do the same for you.
6. I will make you feel brave, handsome, wanted, needed… just like I’d expect you to make me feel special too.
For we don’t need to be perfect for the world, as long as we’re perfect for each other.
7. I am definitely going to miss my parents and cry about being away from them, but I’ll not let that affect my relationship with your parents, and will love and respect them like my own…
… And I know, you’ll make equal efforts with my parents too.
8. I will mess up and make mistakes, but instead of hiding away from them, I’ll accept them and try to grow from them!
Isn’t that what growing old together is all about?
9. I won’t expect you to be perfect either – that’s too much of a burden to put on anybody.
Instead, I’ll accept you just the way you are – flawed and beautiful, just like me!
10. And in the end, the biggest perk of marrying a not-so-perfect girl is that you’d be marrying someone who is original in her thoughts and actions, for my imperfections make me one of a kind.
And a flawed original is still better than a perfect copy, right? Right.Yours Truly,