Marriage isn’t perfect and neither are we, but there really isn’t anything quite like the magic of lifelong love. Whether you’re a newlywed or have been married for years and years, wedded life will constantly surprise and amaze you, dear wives. Here are the best things about being married that will totally make you look forward to the next 40 years!
And we mean actually watching Netflix and chilling. ‘Coz that’s your favourite way to unwind after a long day!
1. You have someone to Netflix and chill with, always.
2. You’re a solid two-person team for life.
Even if it’s just managing household tasks or life’s bigger challenges, it’s always better when you’ve got someone by your side to help you get through it all.
3. You don’t have to deal with the awkwardness that comes with dating.
Wondering whether he’s into you at all, waiting for him to text, constantly worrying about if it’s going anywhere, dealing with pre-date nerves… Thank God you don’t have to deal with the insanity ever again!
4. There’s no fear of ‘scaring him off’.
You can text, call and email him a gazillion times a day and say whatever the hell you want without having to worry about coming on too strong or seeming too eager!
5. You get to do a sleepover with your best friend every single night!
That’s exactly how it feels and that’s pretty darn awesome!
6. You have the best response to creeps at bars.
‘Sorry, I’m married!’, is the best douche-repellent ever!
7. The sex gets better the longer you’re together.
Both of you know exactly how to drive the other wild, every single time!
8. And you’re cuddle buddies for life!
Sometimes cuddling can be better than sex. Plus, you have a human blanket to keep you warm always.
9. There’s someone to take care of you when you’re sick.
When you’re sniffling and whining in bed all day, you can rely on the other to make sure you’re fed, well-rested and taking your meds on time. It kinda helps you not cry for your mom!
10. You’ll always have someone to share your best moments with…
...And someone to hold you during the worst.
11. You’re told that you look beautiful even when you're lounging in your sweats and haven’t combed your hair for days.
Best. Feeling. Ever!
12. You have someone around to figure out the fuse box.
Or even just the complicated remote control! What would you do without hubby dearest?!
13. Creating a family together is pretty magnificent.
Getting a dog and having a baby fall into the same category, just FYI!
14. You don’t have to make difficult decisions on your own.
When there’s someone who has your best interests in mind, it helps to bounce ideas off each other.
15. Shared finances + shared goals = <3
Combining salaries means more money to work towards shared goals like a big vacation or working towards buying your dream house.
16. You get to grow old together.
You have someone to share the mundaneness of everyday life together, the big challenges and the milestone moments. In short, you’re building a lifetime of memories. That really is the ultimate romance!
GIFs: Giphy, Tumblr
Published on Mar 09, 2017