11 Things Every ‘Pados Waali Aunty’ Does… But WHYYY?! Every 20-something girl will understand what it means to have that one ‘pados wali aunty’ who’s always keeping an eye on you, and always giving you free advice. Here are a few hilarious and a few silly things Indian neighbour aunties do that we really wish they would stop doing!
1. Asking us, ‘Kaun tha wo, jo kal raat tumhe chodne aaya tha?’ Really aunty, whoever he was, he came to drop me home and that’s got nothing to do with you!
2. Telling us to not wear that hot dress outside...
Erm...my dress, my body, my choice?
3. Repeatedly reminding us about ‘Shaadi ki umar’ It doesn't matter what my umar is, I’ll know when it’s time to get married.
4. Keeping a check on what time we reach home And here we were thinking that that job was only reserved for our parents!
5. Asking us if we’re planning to join the gym Or telling us we need more meat on our bones… There really is no right size, is there?!
6. Trying to set us up with their son - or their sister's son Because there’s just no one better that we can ever find!
7. Bragging about their child’s success endlessly Kyunki… No one but aunty’s children got the ‘good’ education. And 99% on that maths paper!
8. Inviting us to eat what they couldn’t finish… But our mothers make better rajma chawal so #NoThanks!
9. Asking us, ‘Beta salary kitni hai?’ Aapko kyun batao? So you can tell the rest of the colony?
10. Trying to include us in their gossip circle We’re not interested in what Pinky from two doors down did on Wednesday afternoon, honestly!
11. Giving us free ‘life’ advice Really, just don’t. We’re doing pretty okay by ourselves, you know.