Dear men, we understand that since you don’t get periods, you may not know every single medical detail about them, and that’s fine. But you do live on the same planet as women, don’t you? And you do belong to the same species? And you deal with women everywhere? So you cannot nearly be as confused about this phenomenon as some of you clearly are. Some of the things guys think about periods are outright…weird. So girls, it’s time we educate them a little. Shall we?
1. Period blood is blue.
Errm… No. We are not Smurfs and our blood doesn’t magically turn blue when we are on our period. Don’t let the sanitary napkin advertisements fool you.
2. Any woman who is irritable or mad is either PMSing or is on her period.
Nope. We may be pissed at something you did (or didn’t do). Do NOT blame it on our period… Even if it is true.
3. Cramps aren’t so bad. Women just make too big a deal about them.
Here… We’ll let Rachel answer this one.
4. PMS is just an excuse to be all cranky and crazy… It is not a real thing.
Umm, hello? Of course it is. And it comes with all kinds of mood swings and ‘bhook’ swings.
5. Winged pads help pads stick to a woman’s bum.
In that case, have you wondered how the ones without wings ‘hang in there’?
6. Women can simply use diapers instead of pads!
They may be kind of similar… But no!
7. During that time of the month, we pee blood…
Erm… No, we do not pee blood. We pee and we bleed. Two different things, you see? And from two different holes, by the way.
8. That it hurts when we bleed… Like when a wound bleeds.
No peeps! It’s nothing like that. Sure, we have stomach cramps that feel like our ovaries are having a boxing tournament in there… But other than that, it does not hurt like a wound would.
9. Sex is a big no no during that time of the month.
We actually are even hornier, and would not mind sex… At all!
10. Women who wear tampons, lose their virginity.
So you’re saying putting on a tampon is the same as having sex? Trust us, it’s not nearly as pleasurable.
11. Also… Sometimes tampons get lost in a woman’s vagina.
Holy mother of God… No!
12. Women can control period flow… Just the way they can control pee.
No guys. No. Just no.
13. Women wear tampons/ pads every single day… Just in case their period pays a surprise visit!
We have an idea when our period is gonna arrive, and also since it’s our body we get the indications. We do not go around wearing tampons and pads for our entire lives!