They aren’t lying when they say a long distance relationship can be difficult. You don’t meet each other for months sometimes when all you want to do is stay close. You miss your coffee dates, the little getaways and all those secret makeout sessions, but now you appreciate each other more and learn to find new ways to keep the spark flying.
Everyone in a long distance relationship is thankful for technology. From FaceTiming with your boyfriend at work to constantly telling each other the happenings of the day over WhatsApp to sending each other memes on Instagram, there are ways to be emotionally close to each other, if you’re physically apart. There comes the role of some handful long distance relationship texts for him, to let him know that he is still on your mind.
If you’re getting short on things to say to each other, then let us give you some cues. Here are some adorable long distance relationship messages to send to your boyfriend when you’re missing him a little too much. These will definitely make his day!
1. ‘This Christmas, I’ll ask Santa to wrap you up and send you straight to me. A pretty bow would be a nice idea…’
Tell him he’s the best gift of your life!
2. ‘Why do you have to be so awesome all the time – makes the distance even worse!’
And a few more praises!
3. ‘You are hot, sexy, funny, awesome, cool, mind blowing, and handsome. How many compliments will it take to convince you to get here? I've got a few more! You are my heartbeat.’
Aren’t you just dying to see him? Tell him so.
4. ‘I’m jealous of everyone who will get to meet you today.’
You may have his heart, but there are some people who will have something you don’t - his presence.
5. ‘You know that song Dooriyan Bhi Hai Zaroori? Well, I don’t agree with it at all.’
You don’t need distance; you need him.
6. ‘This text is to let you know that your girlfriend is having a hard time coping with your absence. Maybe a Skype date will cheer her up.’
Just to make it fun.
7. ‘Distance means so little when someone means so much. *Heart*’
Aaargh, the distance reminder! But also a reminder of the fact that your bond is stronger than the distance between you.
8. ‘We may be a thousand miles apart – but you are the first thing on my mind!’
'Coz he’s always in your dreams.
9. ‘I’m starting to get tired of all this texting, emailing, WhatsApping and messaging. I miss you like crazy!’
Sometimes, it’s important to let him know that the distance is really making you a bit mad!
10. ‘Can’t wait to hold you, touch you and hear you whisper my name – the wait is killing me, darling!’
A deep longing for him!
11. ‘I’m in my bed, you are in yours – one of us is obviously in the wrong place.’
Yes, bring the sexy back. Send some flirty text messages to him while in a long distance relationship.
12. ‘I’m having one of those days where all I want is a cup of coffee, a good book and you.’
Ain’t no pick-me-up like these three together.
13. ‘Babe I want to be kissing you, not missing you!’
You and him, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
14‘Long distance relationships are romantic only in the movies. I hate that we are apart. You're too miss-able.’
That’s the crux of it all, really.
15. ‘Today’s been a difficult day for me and all I want to do is lay in bed and share it with you.’
But he’s there on FaceTime and telling you things will get better soon.
16. ‘You may be busy, but I’m going to take out ten seconds from your day to tell you that I really miss you.’
Saying it like it is.
17. ‘The fact that I’m going to be with you soon is what is getting me through all this time apart.’
Truer words have never been spoken.
18. ‘I can’t tell you what I love more - sleeping in your arms or waking up to your peaceful, sleeping face. I need that in my life right now.’
There is something so amazing about sleeping in your man’s arms and waking up to him holding you close like his life depends on it.
19. ‘Waiting for the day when I will wake up in your arms. Good morning from this side of the world!’
Nothing says ‘you’ve been on my mind all night’ better than a good, ‘good morning’ message. Text him in the morning to make him grin from ear to ear.
20. ‘True love doesn’t mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes!’
You’ll get through this time apart.
21. ‘My world is blue without you. Come fill some colour in it again?’
And fifty shades of grey, too… *Wink*
22. ‘You are the reason I smile like an idiot - every time you cross my mind.’
Just his thought can make your day brighter.
23. ‘Good night, sweetheart. Let’s meet in our dreams tonight?’
24. ‘Your stupid face makes my day better. Send me a picture of you right now!’
He lights up your world like nobody else. You deserve a morning selfie to wake up to every day.
25. ‘Nobody said it was easy… No one ever said it would be this hard. Oh, take me back to you!’
Twisting the Coldplay lyrics to suit your situation.
26. ‘Distance isn’t easy, but it is not impossible either - you are worth every mile between us.’
Shower him with loves.
27. ‘Every inch of my heart, soul and body misses you. Visit me soon? I can’t live without you.’
28. ‘I want to fall asleep next to you. Now!’
Gosh…that cuddled up feeling is irreplaceable.
29. ‘Wish I could actually kiss you goodnight. Soon baby, soon.’
Send him a cute good night text and tell him how much you would have wanted to cuddle with him. Hope and a little sugar!
30. ‘Who knew I’d fall so deeply and madly in love with you. I miss you all the time, boo. <3’
Love will find a way.
31. ‘You’ve taken a part of my heart with you. When are you coming back to return it?’
Waiting to be together.
32. ‘Your voice is more comforting to me than the presence of ten other people.’
There’s nobody who lights up your world like he does.
33. ‘I’m in my bed, you are in yours – one of us is obviously in the wrong place.’
Yes, bring the sass back, girl! Send some flirty text messages to him while in long distance relationship.
34. ‘Babe, which kind should I stack up on this time - chocolate, strawberry, dotted or ribbed?’
This one single message will have him shooting out of the seat and booking his tickets as fast as possible.
35. ‘I just found out about this new position last night and I can’t wait for you to come back and try it with me.’
Are you ready for the intense phone sex you’re going to be having later?
36. ‘If we were alone in your bedroom right now, what would you do to me?’
Hearing him say all those things is so goddamn hot.
37. ‘There are too many dirty things running through my head right now. Will you help me clean them up a bit?’
You two can clean them up in so many different ways and so many different positions.
38. ‘I cannot do this anymore. I can’t spend one more night away from you. I need you in my arms and your lips everywhere.’
The heat of his body is more comforting than anything else in the world.
39. ‘I’ve been such a naughty girl over the past few days and there is nobody to punish me.’
A little spanking hurt nobody, did it now? *wink*
40. ‘Babe, can you guess what I’m wearing to bed tonight? Hint: It’s nothing!’
All it’ll take is a minute for him to imagine you and lose his mind doing so!
41. ‘When shall we kiss again…?’
How about you start with the kiss of love? Wouldn’t hurt, really!
42. I’m using my last 2% of battery to text you that I’m thinking about you.
Take it the subtle way, flirt like you’re under the watch.
43. ‘I really want pizza. And a cute guy to eat it with.’
44. ‘I’m sick of flirting over the phone. Let’s do it in person.’
Say yes to flirting, not on phone but in person. So you can up the ante. Wohu!
45. ‘Alert! I have a problem! I can’t seem to get you off of my mind! Send help.’
He’ll surely blush when he reads this text and chuckle at your dorky adorableness!
Like we said above, long distance relationships require more work than other relationships. While we have already shared a list of long distance relationship messages with you, which is sure to make his day, there are some other tips that you can consider to nurture your relationship.
You’re constantly battling not only the distance but also the naysayers who keep reminding you of how difficult things are. But it is important for you to ignore them ‘coz we’re sure you want to make it work despite the hard days. So here are some tips on how to make your relationship stand the test of time and distance.
It is the classic case of seeing the glass as half empty or half full. Instead of constantly complaining about the distance or seeing it is an obstacle, make it a point to see it more positively. Think about the excitement you’ll feel when you two finally meet or all the times you’ll be able to surprise them. Even the whole anticipation of looking forward to talk to them and tell them about your day is something you’ll cherish later. So, instead of complaining about the distance, embrace and enjoy it. After all, distance makes the heart grow fonder.
There may be times when there are misunderstandings between you two. Distance opens up the possibility of doubting your partner and constant overthinking about each of their actions. But never jump to conclusions or take any action without hearing their side of the story. There may be some crucial detail you missed that he could help you see and clear all doubts. So, don’t just assume things without asking.
A good way to spend your time apart is to anticipate everything you’ll do when you meet next. Plan every last detail that you can. Search up the newest restaurants that you might want to visit or the latest things that are happening around you. You will look forward to the time you two will meet again and this will make the time fly by so quickly that you’ll be together sooner than you realise.
The biggest drawback of being in a long distance relationship is that you’re no longer able to do all those things you used to do together. But you can always try and have virtual dates. Start watching a show at the same time and discuss it with each other, read a book together and talk about theories. If you try, you’ll find so many activities you can do together that’ll make you feel connected to each other.
Make it a point to tell each other about how your day has been and try to share even the minutest details about what’s happening in your life. You may get caught up in your surroundings so much that you may forget to include your partner in it. So, try and make them a part of your everyday happenings as well. They will only thank you for it later and you’ll be closer than ever.
The importance of sex in a relationship cannot be denied. Every person has needs and it is very difficult for those needs to be fulfilled in a long distance relationship. All your naughty trysts are limited to the few times you meet. This is where dirty talk and sexting comes into play. Phone sex is a great way to get each other going. Dirty messages sent during the day will also keep things hot.
The one thing that keeps a relationship going is trust and honesty. When you’re together, both things come easy to you. But when you’re apart and not in front of each other all the time, it is only human for doubt to creep in and for you to be a sceptic of all things. So in this situation, the one thing you can do for each other is be absolutely honest in all your conversations. This way both of you will find it easier to trust each other and it’ll eventually make your relationship rock solid.
AWESOME NEWS! POPxo SHOP is now Open! Get 25% off on all the super fun mugs, phone covers, cushions, laptop sleeves, and more! Use coupon code POPXOFIRST. Online shopping for women never looked better!
This story was updated in April 2019.