Girls, we’re all familiar with the magic a single sweep of kajal can do to our eyes. Whether it’s a smokey eye, a bold and dramatic look or just a thin stroke - you can do so much with the help of this one single product. To pretty up your eyes, the kind of kajal you use is extremely important. We came up with some underrated kajal brands we bet you weren’t aware of. These kajals are as great and long-lasting as the popular brands, some are even better. So go ahead and check the best kajal brands in india!
List Of 20 Best Kajal Brands In India
We are always in search of the best smudge-proof kajal that can last all day long, aren’t we? So if we tell you that we have accumulated the list of the 20 best kajal brands in India, that are smudge proof! Go on, read ahead to find out for yourself.
1. MAC Eye Kohl Pencil: Smolder-Smudge FreeSmolder – it’s the blackest of pure dark kajal.
This kohl pencil by MAC is a soft pencil liner which defines and shades your eyes with rich, silky smooth finish. The color intensity and matte/pearl formula of this product will help you achieve a long-lasting look. The best part is that it’s super easy to apply because of the precise shape of the pencil!
- Rich Intense Color
- Easy to Use
- Matte Finish
- Water ResistantCons:
- Not fully smudge proof
Price: Rs 1450. Buy it here.
2. Lakme Eyeconic Kajal : Intense & Smudge Free
For an intense and smudge-free look, go for Lakme eyeconic kajal. The color intensity of this product will help you achieve a long lasting look. The best part is that it’s super easy to apply because of the precise shape of the roller!Pros:
- Bold look
- Does not cause irritation to the eyesCons:
- Can only be removed with a makeup remover.
Price: Rs 180. Buy it here.
3. Faces Magneteyes Kajal : Perfect for Office Wear
Make your eyes look more beautiful with this baby by Faces. Since it doesn’t smudge or melt and stays on for a long period of time, it’s perfect for office wear. A single stroke of this kajal will definitely do the trick and will last you all day long!Pros:
- Blackest black colour
- Vitamin E Enriched
- Dermatologically Tested
- Very creamy
- Easy to use Cons:
- Not smudge-proof
- Shiny and not a matte finish
Price: Rs 179. Buy it here.
4. Maybelline New York Eye Studio: Dramatic and Lasting
Acheive the high precision of a liquid liner by using this gel-based formula by your most trusted brand Maybelline New York. Be ready to add drama to your look with this super-pigmented, super-concentrated and oil-free gel base eyeliner. Whether you go opt for thin, thick, smudged or smoky, we assure you that your look will last from day to night.Pros:- Waterproof and smudge-free
- Ophthalmologist tested
- Intensely pigmentedCons:- Can only be removed by a makeup removerPrice: Rs 500. Buy it here.
5. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil: High Definition
This smudge-proof baby stays put on your eye for 12 hours long and is waterproof and transfer-resistant. If you are looking for a high definition, intense look, then this richly pigmented kohl pencil by Bobby Brown is all that you need. It also comes with a sharpener to give you a pencil-point precision and also comes in 6 variant shades.Pros:-Extremely pigmented
-One stroke application
-Suitable for sensitive eyes
-Rich and creamy gel-like textureCons:-ExpensivePrice: Rs 2,200. Buy it here.
6. Colorbar’s Just Smoky Eye Pencil : Smoky Eyes In A JiffyColorbar’s long-lasting eye pencil gives you 3-in-1 benefits. How you ask? Well, this super eye pencil can be used as an eyeliner, kajal, and eyeshadow. It comes with an inbuilt smudger which can help you achieve an amazing smokey eye look. A definite must-have!
- Highly pigmented
- Smudge-proof and waterproof
- Glides smoothly without tugging
- Not retractable.
Price: Rs 675. Buy it here.
7. Clinique High Impact Custom Kajal : Smudge & Humidity Resistant
Clinique’s high impact kajal provides you with a rich and dark colour which stays on for 12 hours. It’s humidity and water-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about it smudging soon after application.Pros:
- Ophthalmologist tested
- Parabens freeCons:
- Brittle and hard
Price: Rs 1,100. Buy it here.
8. Soultree Grey Glow Kajal : For A Natural LookIf you have sensitive eyes, this is the perfect kajal for you as it’s a natural and chemical-free product. The light grey colour will give your eyes a toned-down look if you don’t want to go for the usual black.
- Ayurvedic formula
- Descent pigmentation
- Creamy smooth texture
- Glides smoothly without tuggingCons:
- Not entirely waterproof
Price: Rs 350. Buy it here.
9. Blue Heaven Artisto Kajal : For The Artist In YouBring out the hidden makeup artist in you with Blue Heaven’s artisto kajal. You’ll be surprised to know that the kajal is actually filled inside the bottle and comes with an applicator! How cool is that? The soft bristle of the applicator brush makes it super easy to apply.
- Intense jet black color
- Smooth and creamy texture
- Comes with a good applicator brush
- Not long-lasting
Price: Rs 125. Buy it here.
10. Lotus Herbals Ecostay Kajal Pencil : Intense & Excellent BlendabilityThis smudge-proof and waterproof kajal by Lotus Herbal stays put for quite long. Its velvety soft texture gives it an opaque colour and a precise definition to your eyes.
Price: Rs 345. Buy it here.
11. Coloressence Kajal Pencil : For A Bold & Bright LookThis kajal is enriched with the goodness of an Ayurvedic formula that provides your eyes with a cooling effect. Brighten up your eyes with Coloressence’s kajal pencil and step out with a bold look.Pros:
- Retractable- Nice black color
- Ayurvedic formula
- Soft and easy to applyCons:
- Not waterproofPrice: Rs 125. Buy it here.
12. Revlon Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil : Smooth & Easy To GlideIf you’re looking for something that gives you a smooth and powdery finish, this is the product for you. Its smooth matte finish makes it easy to glide on and defines your eyes beautifully.
- One of the blackest kohls
- Soft, smooth texture
- Highly pigmentation
- Does not tug or pull at the eyesCons:
- Ingredients list not mentioned
Price: Rs 235. Buy it here.
13. Elle 18 Eye Drama Kajal : Go Dramatic!
To up your eye makeup game, go bold with Elle 18’s eye drama kajal. It’s smudge-proof and waterproof and you can experiment by drawing on a nice thin line on your eyelid or go for a more dramatic look.Pros:
- Perfect jet black shade and super pigmented
- Looks bold on eyes
- Super creamy texture glides easily on eyes
- Decently waterproofCons:
- Not 100% smudge proof
Price: Rs 135. Buy it here.
14. SUGAR Cosmetics Stroke Of Genius Heavy : Duty Kohl
Entice the world with your power when you don this pitch-black temptress.
It’s a beautiful true black colour and smoothly glides onto the eye. Every Sugar Stroke of Genius Heavy-Duty Kohl comes with a high-quality sharpener, carefully crafted to help you make the most of your purchase. Just gently rim your upper and lower lash lines with this creamy Kohl to captivate the world!Pros:
- Super creamy
- Long lasting
- Highly pigmented
- Comes with its own sharpenerCons:
- Not completely smudge proof and waterproof
Price: Rs 499. Buy it here.
15. Avon Big & Daring Kohl Kajal : Bold & Long LastingAvon’s kajal is oh-so-smooth as it glides on like butter. It beautifully defines your eyes and if you want to go for an intense look, its jet black colour on your lashline will do the trick.
- Glides very smoothly because of its creamy texture
- Does not sting the eye
- Doesn’t feel heavy on the eyesCons:
- Doesn’t lasts the entire dayPrice: Rs 329. Buy it here.
16. Oriflame Kohl Kajal Pencil : For A Fresh LookIt consists of a variety of essential oils like Simmondsia chinensis seed oil, hydrogenated coconut oil and hydrogenated castor oil which help soothe your eyes and keep them looking fresh. You won’t need many touch-ups after applying Oriflame’s kajal pencil as it manages to stay on for the whole day.
- Best Smudge Free Pencil
- Doesn’t break off easily
Price: Rs 309. Buy it here.
17. Plum Natur Studio All-Day-Wear Kohl Kajal : Get The ‘Just Applied’ LookPlum Natur Studio’s kajal gives you a ‘just applied’ look even after hours of application. It’s a gel based 2-in-1 kajal/eyeliner, which makes it a useful product to have around. It’s also rich in vitamin E and doesn’t irritate your eyes.Pros:
- Soft, creamy and gel-based
- 100% smudge-proof and water-proof
- Rich in Vitamin E for protection
- 100% vegan formula, not tested on animalsCons:
- Not retractable
Price: Rs 495. Buy it here.
18. The Body Shop Matte Kajal : Easy & Neat ApplicationThe Body Shop’s matte kajal is designed for a smart and easy grip so that when you apply it, it glides on smoothly without any messy mistakes. It’s perfect for a smokey eye look as it’s easy to smudge. Use this one to go dramatic!
- Easy grip
- Smooth texture
- Creamy finish
- No tugging or pulling
- Doesn’t irritate the eye
Price: Rs. 845. Buy it here.
19. Bourjois Contour Clubbing Eye Pencil : For Crazy Night OutsBourjois’ contour clubbing eye pencil is perfect for a night out with the girls. Complete your smokey eye makeup with a stroke of this intense kajal. The best part is that this pencil is enriched with jojoba and cotton oils which make it super easy to glide on.Pros:
- Deep, intense black shade with very little shimmer
- Soft and creamy texture
- Long lasting
Price: Rs 525. Buy it here.
20. Makeup Revolution Kajal : Intense & Smudge FreeFor an intense and smudge-free look, go for Makeup Revolution’s kajal. The color intensity of this product will help you achieve a long-lasting look. The best part is that it’s super easy to apply because of the precise shape of the pencil!
- True black
- Creamy soft texture
- One swipe color show
Price: Rs 553. Buy it from a nearby cosmetic store.
Factors to Look for When Buying From The Best Kajal Brands in India
Easy to UseThe texture of the kajal that you’re about to purchase should be your top most priority. It should be smooth to use and glide on effortlessly, on the eyelid as well as on the waterline. These days, you can find brands in the marketplace that are providing pencil-point-sharp kajals for easy application. These kajals are very fast, smooth and handy!
Safe to UseThe Kajal you are picking should be ophthalmologically and dermatologically approved. You can either read about the ingredients online or ask the seller about it. Make sure that all the ingredients used are herbal and safe to be applied to the eye. People with sensitive skin can opt to go for herbal brands which sell kajals that are infused with almond oil extracts and camphor which rejuvenates the eye.
Smudge-ProofThis is another major factor which you need to consider while choosing a kajal for yourself. It needs to remain smudge-proof for a good 10-12 hours to make it to your buying list. Numerous kajal brands in India claim to stay intact and have long-wearing time, but not all stands true. So, make sure that your kajal is smudge-proof along with being long-lasting, to make your look beautiful and bold for a longer time.
Water Proof We have all been through those days when we wore a non-waterproof kajal on a humid day and got home with panda eyes. So, checking your kajal’s capacity of being waterproof is a must. It will ensure that you can wear your kajal in every season, even on sultry hot and rainy days.These long-lasting kajals are oh-so-amazing!This story is updated in March 2019.