We’ve been obsessing over our age old designers like Manish Malhotra and Rohit Bal since forever now. Even though they truly are evergreen stars of our Indian fashion industry, we’ve also got loads of fresh new talent that need to be on your radar. Not only are these new kids on the block exceptionally good with their designs, they’ve been creating quite a lasting impression on fashion week runways as well as on our fave Bollywood stars. Here are 10 upcoming Indian fashion designers you HAVE to check out!
Also Read The Best Indian Fashion Designer
1. Anand Ahuja’s BhaneWe’re sure most of you know of this one. We’ve seen Sonam Kapoor sport Bhane quite a few times! Unadulterated joy and free spiritedness is what describes this brand best. Fashion that is expressive and simple is what Anand has tried to create with his label, Bhane.POPxo Recommends: Kurta Dress (Rs 1,050)Get In Touch: firstname.lastname@example.org, 011-24647563.
Also Read Best Kurta Brands In Indian Market
2. AGAMI By Neha Agarwal Debuted in 2014 at the Lakme Fashion Week, Neha Agarwal’s label AGAMI is inspired by tribal gothic style and dark glamour. Her designs are known for quirky embroidery, structured silhouettes and stylish cuts. With all this put together, the label also exudes a feminine vibe. POPxo Recommends: Black Digital Printed Skater Skirt (Rs 6,550)Get In Touch: email@example.com, 91-9819255573 / +91-9324343845
3. Reboot By Anuj BhutaniAnuj is a new face in the fashion industry. He has positioned his brand to promote comfort luxury and bring a dash of grandeur to regular fashion. Though Reboot is a label for both men and women, it’s primarily known for reconstructing menswear and for creating clothing that is different from the conventional styles. Reboot’s calm colour palette, geometric threadwork and minimal style inspired by 60s English subculture, make it a label to look out for. POPxo Recommends: Grey Trench Coat (Price On Request)Get In Touch: firstname.lastname@example.org, 098996 36636
4. Dhruv KapoorThe designer made his debut at the Lakme Gen Next category and was a clear winner amongst fashion critics. Dhruv Kapoor's label is all about paradoxes and contrasts. Be it his tailoring that uses modern fabrics but Indian hand work, or his masculine-feminine silhouettes. His collection is super wearable which also happen to be the reason for his quick fame and success. Actress Sonam Kapoor is a huge fan of his work, and often sports his creations.POPxo Recommends: A Line Panel Slip Dress (Rs 11,500)Get in touch: email@example.com
5. Kanika Goyal LabelA NIFT graduate who further went on to study at Parsons New York, Kanika has come a long way! While her main focus was on minimalistic design, she continued to grow as a global couturier. Kanika’s work is known for its quality and detail. Refined tailorship and great craftsmanship are the two key things her label is known for. Kangana and Sonakshi Sinha are some divas who have been spotted in her cool designs.POPxo Recommends: Oversized Unisex Jersey (Rs 8,000)Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org, 011-65557775
6. Quirkbox By Jayesh Sachdev & Rixi BhatiaThe name says it all! Wearable eccentricity is what Quirkbox is all about. Brainchild of super talented Jayesh and Rixi, the designs are 100 percent genuine and their totally unique styles and prints are the hallmark of this label. Playful sophistication, a splash of colours and designs inspired by daily objects is what defines the brand best! POPxo Recommends: Shift Dress (Rs 2,190) Get in touch: email@example.com, 09823911195
7. Chola By SohayaIf you believe in unstructured, bohemian dressing with a relaxed fit, and style, this one is for you. Chola by Sohaya is a fun, eclectic line mixed with colourful pieces that are focused on a well-cut garment. The designs can be described as a playful mix of the heart and soul. The label is a favourite of Neha Dhupia and Sonam Kapoor, and they often flaunt its garments.POPxo Recommends: Striped High Collar Jacket (Price On Request)Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org, 098201 21632
8. Shift By Nimish ShahThe aim of Nimish Shah's label was to break design stereotypes of what urban dressing necessarily meant in India. His label, Shift, literally signifies a shift in ideology, in design, tailoring and craft. The label is sophisticated and urban, combining versatile separates and bespoke pieces. The designer is best known for his western wear that is fluid, timeless and filled with textile innovation.POPxo Recommends: Mustard Double Breasted Jacket (Rs 9,100)Get in touch: email@example.com
9. The Ikat Story By Chandni Sareen Contemporising Indian handloom, and textiles is not everyone's cup of tea. But ace stylist and designer Chandni Sareen saw this as an opportunity worth exploiting. The designer uses the double weave textile Ikat that originates from Odisha and Pochampally in Andhra Pradesh. From everyday tops, dresses and now even bikinis, The Ikat Story is how she uses the fabric to give it a new voice, and a contemporary makeover. A big bonus about this label is that it's super affordable as well.POPxo Recommends: Blue & White Blazer (Rs 8,900)Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Huemn By Pranav Mishra And Shyama ShettyStarted by Pranav Kirti Mishra and Shyama Shetty, Huemn is a ready to wear fashion label that's core is based in western wear with sharp tailoring, experimental embroideries, uncluttered graphics, and really power packed aesthetics. The duo also has a line called ‘The Huemn Project’ which is a line of shirts based on a particular storyline, following a theme. They're best known for bringing sports luxe to India and giving it an out of the box twist.POPxo Recommends: Two Tone Embroidered Shirt (Rs 8,500)Get in touch: email@example.com, 011-6500 0173
So what are you waiting for? Start saving up for these awesome new designers already!Featured Image: Shutterstock