You know I love you, right? I do, no kidding. But sometimes you know, you do some stuff that confuses the emotion-control center of my brain. It’s like I want to push you off the terrace and then run downstairs to catch you. At the same time I also just want to sing that very weird song ‘I hate you, like I love you’ from Delhi Belly. Here’s a list of a few of those moments when I love and hate you at the same time.
1. When we are in the middle of a fight and you say something funny with a very innocent straight-face!
Yes, that very cute face you randomly make when you run out of things to say. I mean, what happened here? Were we done fighting?
2. When I am PMSing and you get me ice-cream…but the wrong flavour.
Chocolate, I like chocolate flavour. Not choco chip, not mint chocolate. Just chocolate. *Gobbles up all the ice-cream anyway*
3. When you are messing with me and trying to convince me that my belly fat is ‘cute’...
Are you trying to tell me that I have been waking up at 6 am every day and working out to get rid of my ‘cuteness’? I don't know how to feel about this.
4. When you make me do grown-up stuff when I just want to laze around and watch TV in my PJs!
Like, whyyyyyy? I don’t want to go to the bank to deposit my salary cheque. Pretty pleeease?
5. When I am in tears and you can’t help but make fun of my nose because it has gone red!
It's. Not. Funny. Only it kinda is… *Giggles*
6. When you crack a joke at my expense…and then give me a cute kiss to make up for it.
Now I don’t know whether I should make my angry face at you or kiss you back for being such a sweetheart.
7. When you have no clue why I am mad at you, but you try to cheer me up in your own weird little ways!
If you don’t know what you did, then I don’t want to tell you! And I wouldn’t be talking to you either if you hadn't made dinner for me and put on my favourite TV show whilst missing your football match.
8. When you tell me I look more beautiful without the make-up...
You couldn’t have just said, ‘You look beautiful’, could you? I spent two hours toiling to look flawless and you tell me I didn’t need all this? Oh, wait… I love you, especially for this.
9. When you ask me to carry your 1 million belongings in my purse...
Listen darling, I carry a purse, not a sack. Your keys and wallet and sunglasses and the rest of your room cannot fit into it. But it’s kinda cute too… Don’t know why though.
10. When you hold me hostage to that one embarrassing moment only you know about and make me do all kinds of things!
I hate it when you do that! But then you keep my secret from the rest of the world and love me despite having seen my crazy side too. So it's okay, I guess. *Heart*
11. When we are talking on the phone and I ask you to go to sleep… You say no and then I hear snoring sounds 60 seconds later.
I put on my best angry tone and ask you why you keep doing this… And you say in your sleepy voice ‘Because I wanna talk to you’. That’s when I become a puddle of mush and go ‘Awww’.
12. When you tickle me to the point where I have tears in my eyes...
I want to punch you but somehow we end up cuddling anyway.
13. When you are too far away...and I cannot hug you or give you a kiss.
I hate you for being so far away. Because I miss you. And I love you.