Getting ready for a date can be a mixed bag of emotions, we are anxious and excited all at the same time. A gazillion thoughts and questions cross our minds - how will the date go? Will I like him? Will he like me? Will he be different from my ex? It doesn’t matter how long you have been in the dating game - we all get nervous before a date. So here are a few pointers that will help you be ready for the date without getting too stressed.
1. Outfit On PointNever underestimate the power of a good outfit. First impressions are super important. Your sense of style introduces you before you even say a word. So make your outfit your top priority. No matter how busy you are, just take the time to raid your wardrobe (or your bestie’s) for that perfect outfit that will leave him speechless! Won’t that be a great start to the date ;)
Also Read Dos And Don’ts Of Dating An Introvert & Dating Tips
2. Location, location, locationBefore you zero in on a place, make sure to look up the reviews for it. For an ideal date, the ambience is as important as the food. Try not to choose a place where the music is so loud that you literally have to shout in order to be heard. If the ambience isn’t conducive to a conversation - there is no point in making a reservation there. It will just end up disappointing the two of you. Instead choose a cosy restaurant or cafe where the two of you you can sit down and get to know each other.
3. Go easy on the makeup!Girls, we love make up as much you do but the one faux pas that we all make is to use way too much of it. Trust us when we say this, when it comes to makeup, less is more. You want to accentuate your features not contour your face soooo much that you become unrecognisable! It’s all about subtlety. Also, make sure your makeup is appropriate for the place you are headed to - smokey eyes for a casual date at a cafe - total overkill.
4. Be flawlessGo ahead, pamper yourself a little! Get a facial done before your big date! Because who wouldn’t want to look absolutely flawless and radiant on the day. Especially since you can enjoy a luxurious Forest Essentials Facial from the comfort of your own home, through MyGlamm. The facial not only cleans and gets rid of the impurities but also nourishes your skin. Forest Essentials products are 100% organic and have therapeutic and regenerative properties that are great for our skin. They have three different kinds of facials that you can choose from, try one now and thank us later.
5. Smell greatIt is not just about looking good, it’s also about smelling good. Layer your scents, start by using a pleasant shower gel, then use a moisturiser that complements the notes of your perfume. This is a great way to ensure that you smell good throughout the date, because a good moisturiser helps your perfume last longer. Make the memory of your perfume linger in a way that ensures that you’re on his mind long after the date is over (for all the right reasons).
6. Be smile readyThis goes without saying but don’t forget to brush your teeth, gargle with mouthwash and floss. When it comes to oral hygiene just go all out! You don’t want to turn him off with bad breath or a piece of spinach stuck between your teeth. *EEKS!*. It's a courtesy we should extend to our dates and hope that they return the favour. Ladies, get brushing and don’t forget to flash those pearly whites!
7. Beauty sleep Thinking about the date can give us sleepless nights, the sheer excitement can keep us from catching up on our z’s! But remember that you need your beauty sleep to look great for your date. So, the night before the date, tuck yourself into bed early and simply go to sleep. Don’t over think it!
8. Talk the talkAwkward silence on a date has got to be the absolute worst! If it’s the first time that you are meeting him then it might help to prepare a little before hand. Figure out some common interests that you both can talk about. You could even think of questions that will help you to get to know him a little better.
9. Shake it offAt the end of the day, it’s just a date! It is meant to be fun, flirty and light. There is no point in letting it stress you out. So just take a chill pill, play your favourite song and just dance it out. Loosen up a little, shake off the pre-date jitters and trust that your date is going to be amazing!GIFS - Giphy*This is a sponsored post for MyGlamm