For days when a simple, ‘I love you’ just doesn’t cut it, all you need to do is turn to poetry. Check out these 15 romantic lines of poetry that are so beautiful that they’ll make you (and your significant other) swoon!
1. ‘Then came a moment of renaissance,
I looked up - you again are there,
a fleeting vision, the quintessence
Of all that’s beautiful and rare.’
- Alexander Pushkin, A Magic Moment I Remember
2. ‘If nothing saves us from death, at least love should save us from life.’
- Pablo Neruda, Source
3. ‘I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only.
I would like to be that unnoticed & that necessary.’
- Margaret Atwood, Variation on the Word Sleep
4. ‘If I began to draw myself away from you
we’d still be like two mixed colors of paint
impossible to separate.’
- Sanober Khan, A Thousand Flamingos
Also read: 25 Passionate Quotes About Intimacy That’ll Make Your Toes Curl
5. ‘I don't believe in magic,’ the young boy said.
The old man smiled.
‘You will, when you see her.’
- Atticus, Source
6. ‘But I can promise all my heart's devotion;
A smile to chase away your tears of sorrow.
A love that's true and ever growing;
A hand to hold in yours through each tomorrow.’
- Mark Twain, These I Can Promise
7. ‘Our love is old and sure, not new and frantic.
You know I’m yours and I know you are mine.
And saying that has made me feel romantic,
My dearest love, my darling valentine.’
- Wendy Cope, Another Valentine
8. ‘Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath,
And so live ever - or else swoon to death.’
- John Keats, Bright Star
9. ‘Her veins flowed
with liquid poetry.
I stole the words from her mouth
with my kisses.’
- J. M. Green, Source
10. ‘Your absence has gone through me
like thread through a needle.
Everything I do is stitched with its color.’
- W.S. Merwin, Separation
11. ‘You are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing.’
- E.E. Cummings, I Carry Your Heart With Me
Also read: 10 Pick-Me-Up Quotes When You Are Having A Bad Day!
12. ‘He used to love me, and now he’s just a stranger who happens to know all my secrets.’
- Clementine Von Radics, It’s Just So Strange
13. ‘I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.’
- Pablo Neruda, One Hundred Love Sonnets
14. ‘Will it be alright, if I love you from eyes to lips from skin to bones from heart to soul?
Will it be alright, if I call you my home?’
- Lukas W., Coffee thoughts #35
15. ‘You’ve touched me without even touching me.’
- Rupi Kaur, Source
Aren't they absolutely beautiful?
GIFs: Giphy, Tumblr. Want to know more?
Published on Oct 28, 2016