Deepika Padukone’s fashion quotient is something that’s undeniable. Her sartorial style is effortless, on point and undoubtedly amongst the best in Bollywood. And her ethnic looks have us stunned and always leave us wanting for more! Be it a simple kurti, an elaborate anarkali or a saree with the brightest colours, the best zari and the most intricate embroidery from the country - Deepika has beautiful desi girl style nailed! Here are some ethnic wear lessons we must take from the actress!
Also Read About Deepika Padukone Dietitian
1. The Right Way To Sheer!
Image: Shaleena Nathani on InstagramMove over, sheer pleasure. It’s time to rock your usual kurtas and lehengas with a sheer twist. And if you’re bold enough, try this in a saree. Go the sheer route with a deep-cut blouse, just like Deepika’s. It’ll surely give your overall look a really edgy, sexy appeal.POPxo Recommends: Sheer Floral Saree, Rs 2,788
2. Hand Jewellery Is In!Image: Shaleena Nathani on InstagramIf you were restricting your jewellery only to your neck and ears, you can probably learn a thing or two from Deepika. You can keep your overall look muted and subtle and still add a little bling by wearing a beautiful hand harness on both your hands - and you’re good to go!POPxo Recommends: Golden Alloy Bracelet, Rs 419
3. Slick PonytailsImage: Shaleena Nathani on InstagramDitch the “keeping your hair” open trend already and move to getting a tight, slick ponytail. It looks fabulous, especially when you’re wearing a busy outfit that has a lot of elements like an anarkali with layers and a dupatta, or a saree-gown with a cape. All you need is a good styling spray! POPxo Recommends: Wella Professionals Hair Spray, Rs 995
4. Flower Hair AccessoriesImage: Shaleena Nathani on InstagramIf you thought simple jewellery was the only thing that could make your boring bun better, you were wrong. DeePee shows you how to experiment with your favourite flowers as an accessory and take your basic bun up by a notch! It will definitely add character to your traditional outfit.POPxo Recommends: Red Floral Rubber Band, Rs 235
5. Silver Jewellery For The Win!Image: Shaleena Nathani on InstagramIf you thought kundan and polki were your only options, learn a thing or two from Deepika. This festive season, ditch golden for some fun, tribal, silver jewellery to make you stand out of the crowd! So pretty!POPxo Recommends: Silver Jhumkas, Rs 549
6. Add A Cape!
Image: Shaleena Nathani on InstagramCapes are pretty much the biggest rage this festive season, and there’s no reason you shouldn’t add a dose of that to your festive wear collection. Deepika does it by adding a plain netted cape with her pastel pink saree. How will you do it?POPxo Recommends: White Cape, Rs 3,462
7. Fusion Is The Name Of The Game!Image: Shaleena Nathani on InstagramMix and match is always a good idea. Have an ethnic skirt but don’t have a blouse to go along? Wear it with a shirt, white or any other colour! Add a belt to it and give it an Indo-western twist.POPxo Recommends: Brown Belt, Rs 199; Collared Shirt, Rs 317
8. Give Your Saree A TwistImage: Shaleena Nathani on InstagramWhy should you always wear your saree the same way, right? Layer it with a floor sweeping jacket (use a maxi shirt dress if you don’t have one), experiment with different pallu drapes or slip into a dhoti saree. You could even drape your saree like a skirt and add a different coloured dupatta to it! POPxo Recommends: Dhoti Saree, Rs 1,650
9. Jacket StyleImage: Shaleena Nathani on InstagramJackets are Deepika’s favourite. She adds them to most of her Indian wear outfits, and if you’re inspired, you should too. They give ethnic wear quite a makeover and can be worked even for a formal event. POPxo Recommends: Ethnic Long Jacket, Rs 959
10. Choker Game StrongImage: Shaleena Nathani on InstagramChokers are not going out of vogue anytime soon - and if you still haven’t tried them out, you must give them a try, just like DP! She sure knows how to rock the choker- be it with traditional indian clothes or her western wear too.POPxo Recommends: Choker & Earrings Set, Rs 1,097Go on, get your festive season style in action with these style cues from the stunner!