Mothers are the greatest people in the whole wide world and also our best friends. What would we do without our mothers, right? However, mothers can be quite cryptic too and we end up acting like muddled boyfriends. Well, here are a few common things all moms say but this is what they really mean.
1. What she says: “Do what you want to do.”
What she means: Don’t you even dare. Do what I asked you to do, do not try to defy me.
2. What she says: “Ask your father.”
What she means: Hahaha. Your father is going to say "No" anyway. You lose.
3. What she says: “We will talk about it later.”
What she means: I’m just skirting the issue right now because I’m really tired. But don’t get your hopes up, we aren’t going to talk about it.
4. What she says: “Who is this friend? What’s his name?”
What she means: Is he your boyfriend? Are you doing things with him? Where does he stay? What is his father’s name and what does the father do?
5. What she says: “Because I said so.”
What she means: I really don’t have a logical explanation for this but I’m your mother so you have to respect my authority whether you like it or not.
6. What she says: “We’ll see.”
What she means: I will make sure that we’ll never, ever see to it.