There are a few things we wish our boyfriends could understand even before we say them, like when we’re really mad at them and we don’t want to show it… Well, maybe one day they’ll get it! But there are also a few things that men wish women knew about them... What are they? Some men on Quora revealed the things every woman should know about them and here’s what they have to say...
It is OK for a man to cry. It happens when we hold someone so close to our heart that it just tears us apart when that person leaves. Men can bear emotional pain, but when someone means the whole world to them, and when that person leaves, we cry. Men generally don’t show their emotions, but when they cry, they’re REALLY hurt. What would make a man cry? Or for that matter, what would make anyone cry? Two obvious reasons - physical pain or emotional pain. Physical pain can be dealt with, but emotional pain is the worst. After all, men are also human beings. We also have emotions and we also get emotionally weak sometimes.
- Every guy is not after SEX. Sometimes we talk about it more than we actually want it.
- A threesome is not every guy's fantasy!
- Men don’t always show their emotions, that doesn’t mean that we’re jerks. We just have a tendency to hold our feelings in.
- 5" is the average penis size, no matter what all your exes have had.
- Looking at another woman does not mean we don't care about you.
- We can't read your minds. So, don’t give us hints!
- Guys love you more than you love them, if they are really serious about the relationship.
- If a guy tells you about his problems, he just needs someone to listen to him. You don't need to give advice.
- Guys are very open about themselves.
- When a guy is staring at you, he's definitely thinking something.
- Guys hate rejection, but they hate being led on even more.
- A guy who likes you wants to be the only guy you talk to.
- Don't talk about your guy friends to your boyfriend.
- Guys seek advice from girls, not other guys. Because most guys think alike.
- Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down.
- Birthdays, Valentines Day and anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present yet again!
- We are not always thinking about you.
- Do not ask us what we are thinking about, unless you are prepared to discuss serious topics.
- Sundays are for Sports.
- Shopping is NOT fun, and no, we are never going to think of it that way.
- When we have to go somewhere, anything you wear is fine. Really!
- Crying is blackmailing.
- Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one, subtle hints do not work. Strong hints do not work. Obvious hints do not work. Just say it!
- We don't remember dates. Please keep reminding us.
- Most guys own three pairs of shoes. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?
- Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
- A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor!
- Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.
- If you don't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.
- If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
- You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know how to do it, just do it yourself.
- Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.
- The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.
- ALL men see in only 16 colours, like the Windows default settings. Peach is a fruit, not a colour. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.
- We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.
- If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing", we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
You can read the full thread here on Quora.
OMG! Well, maybe now we’ll understand men better!
- Men also have feelings and emotions, and they also need to cry sometimes, but they just want to hide it from the world.
- Sometimes, they can take care of a child better than a woman.
- The saying “all men are the same” is totally wrong, you are just seeing all of them from a single perspective.
- Just because he looks at another attractive woman, doesn't mean he is going to cheat on you or doesn't love you anymore.
- That they don't care much about discussing other people's life as much as women do.
- Men use love to get sex, whereas women use sex to get love.
Published on Sep 04, 2016