There’s a fine line between love and lust. While lust can be a temporary feeling, love stands the test of time. It’s easy to get lost and not be able to figure out the actual situation you’re in! Here are 11 questions you need to ask yourself to figure out whether you’re really in love or was it lust all along. (We hope you find your answer!)
1. “Do I really love him or do I like the idea of being in love?”
If you like the idea of being in love, then it isn’t love. When you fall in love, you never have to convince yourself of it - the love convinces you, really. The feelings are often more than you would have imagined and it makes you do crazy things!
2. “Can I call him up in the middle of the night if I’m in a problem?”
Is he more than just a booty call? Can you call this guy up and tell him what’s keeping you up at night? If you can open up to him, it’s probably more than lust.
3. “Do I constantly have to look beautiful and flawless in front of him?”
When you’re with someone who loves you and whom you love, he wouldn’t care if you didn’t apply makeup or wore pajamas to dinner. He will value you for who you are, not how you look!
4. “Do I see a future with him?”
With some people, you just know they’re going to stick around for a long time to come. You want to enter the next phase of your life with them by your side. You will know your relationship is a long term one if he is talking about a possible future with you.Also read: Is He In Love With You… Or In Lust? 11 Ways To Know For Sure!
5. “Can I be honest and transparent with him?”
Can you clear your conscience and tell him everything without the fear of being judged or accused? That’s the point we’re hinting at. With someone you love, you’re free to speak your mind and share your opinions about anything and everything under the sun.
6. “Do I get butterflies in my stomach everytime I meet him?”
When you’re in love, just the sight of him can make you smile and instantly melt. Just like magic!
7. “Am I attracted to him, physically, mentally and emotionally?”
You need to feel all three before you know it’s love. The moment you click on all three levels, there’ll be no turning back.
8. “Who is the first person I want to talk to when something good happens to me?”
If it’s not him, then maybe you’re in love with the person you’re sharing the good news with? You might be attracted to him, but do you remember including him in the tiniest events of your life? If the answer is no, you’re probably not in love...yet!Also read: 10 Things Men Love Hearing… But Might Not Admit To!
9. “Does my heart beat faster when I lock lips with him?”
Every touch and kiss, has a significance. If you feel magic and see fireworks even when your eyes are shut, you know he’s the one for you.
10. “Is he someone I feel proud of introducing to my friends and family?”
When you love someone, it’s natural to want them to meet your world. They now become a part of your circle of loved ones and you’re proud of having them as a partner. The bottom line is, love can never be kept in the dark for too long. It always makes its presence felt!
11. “Am I with him to forget someone else?”
For the record, rebounds mostly backfire. Don’t play with someone else’s heart if you have no intention of loving them!