You don’t need to use lipstick to get pink lips
, you know? Pamper them with love and care, and they’ll be rosy pink in no time! With a little help from a couple of beauty ingredients and some tips, you will get a pretty pink pout soon. Here are 8 ways to make your lips pink (Yes, it’s that simple!)
1. Give Beetroots A ShotThey’re not only healthy food choice, but good for your lips too! Cut a slice of beetroot and gently rub and massage it on your lips. It contains colouring pigments like betanin and vulgaxanthin, which helps protect your lips from the sun and helps in decolourizing. After use, you’ll notice that your lips have a reddish-pink tint to it. It’s such a great, natural alternative to a lip stain.
2. A Toothbrush Is Like Your Magic WandIf you really want naturally pink lips, you’ve got to get your hands on a soft bristle toothbrush. Every night, after you brush your teeth, make sure that you use the brush to scrub your lips too. It helps remove dry and dead skin, and will make your lips look and feel fresh!Also read: 10 Tinted Lip Balms That Are Perfect Alternatives For Lipstick!
3. Olive And Sugar Scrub For Your LipsWhat better way to exfoliate your lips than by using olive oil and sugar crystals, right? It’s inexpensive and works like a charm all the time. It will heal chapped lips and remove dry and dead skin. All you’ve got to do is add one tablespoon of sugar and a teaspoon of olive oil to make this nourishing lip scrub. Allow the sugar to soak into the oil and gently apply it to your lips. Wipe it off after 5 minutes using a warm damp cloth for a rosier pucker.
4. More Power To Pomegranate SeedsDid you know that pomegranate seeds are good for your lips? They help brighten your lip colour making them rosy pink. Just take a handful of pomegranate seeds and mash them up. Add 2 tablespoons of cold milk and mix the two ingredients till you’re left with a milky grainy paste. Apply it to your lips and after 10-15 minutes, wash it off with chilled water. Do this every day for a week to get noticeably brighter and pinker lips.
5. Glycerin To The Rescue!Your lips become darker when dry and chapped. That’s why you need to pamper them with care. Glycerin is what you need! Just before you go to sleep, dip a ball of cotton into a bowl of glycerin. Apply it on your pout and leave it on for the whole night. You’ll wake up to nourished and moisturized lips in the morning. Supple lips are always rosier in colour.
6. Rose Water For Rosy Pink Lips!You can now get pink lips by using rose petals! Soak them in a bowl of milk and after an hour, remove them and crush them to make a paste. Drizzle some honey over it and apply it directly to your lips. Allow them to absorb the rosy goodness for about 5-10 minutes. Use milk to wash it off and wipe your lips with a wet towel after.Also read: 10 Simple Ways To Lighten Dark Lips!
7. Orange Peels Are BaeThe next time you eat an orange, make sure to not chuck the peels into the bin. You can rub the peels on your lips for 10 whole minutes. It helps brighten dark lips and cleanses them of any dirt or bacteria. It also can be used for de-tanning skin.
8. Cucumbers Love Your LipsMost of us know cucumber juice helps brighten skin, but did you know that it does the same for your lips? Hell yeah it does! Whenever you have free time, scrub your lips using cucumber juice. Do this for only five minutes everyday and you’ll have pink plump lips in no time!Images: Shutterstock