Mastering some amazing hairstyles for long hair isn't actually difficult. Because, ladies, do you know what the best part about long hair is? How versatile it is! The options are pretty endless when it comes to how you want to style and wear it. And no, we don’t just mean getting it styled at the parlour, but changing it up yourself at home. Here are a few classic and simple hairstyles that all girls with long hair should master. Don’t worry, we tell you how how to do these amazing yet easy long hairstyles
- step by step, at home! These will ensure that your mane game is always strong and you never have a boring hair day ever again!
1. Tousled And Perfectly UndoneImage: Sonam Kapoor on InstagramTousled waves and curls are sexy and can make you look like you just stepped in from the beach. Plus, they’re so easy to achieve. The trick is to spend five minutes at night after you have towel dried your hair to braid your hair into two pigtails (you can use a curl cream before braiding if you like). Twist them up into a bun, secure with a soft rubber band and get into bed. In the morning, undo the buns, use your fingers to twist and tousle the waves and finish off with a sea salt spray for loads of fun texture.If you have straight hair, then you can also try this technique: Apply a heat-protectant spray to dry hair and then create 3-inch wide braids all over your head, till all your hair is braided. Plug in your flatiron and slowly run it down each braid. Wait for it to cool before undoing each braid and tousle with your fingers. And tada, you have at your disposal one of the best hairstyles for long hair!
2. The Sleek PonytailImage: Bolly Cafe on InstagramPolished, chic and great for the day and the night. A sleek ponytail can help you beat the heat and get your hair off your face while helping you look well put together. Just apply a gel or serum to the front of your hair and on the top, before brushing it into a high ponytail. Secure with a rubber band. One trick is to align the height of your ponytail with your cheekbones to help lift your face.You can straighten your ponytail with a flatiron or use a sea salt spray to texturize it, depending on how you want to wear it.
3. The Effortless TopknotImage: Kangana Ranaut on InstagramA casual topknot is great for some casual chic. It’s playful, easy and no longer meant just for the gym. It can be your go-to hairstyle when you don’t want to wash your hair, since slightly greasy hair stays in place better.Just gather your mane into a high ponytail (the higher, the better) and secure with an elastic. Twist the ponytail down to the ends and then wrap it into a bun. Put criss-cross bobby pins at the base to secure it into place. Don’t worry about neatness, a messy effect adds to the laidback vibe of the look.Also read: 21 *Stunning* Hairstyles For Girls With Long Hair!
4. Princess Crown BraidImage: Alia Bhatt on InstagramThis super pretty style is perfect for when you’re feeling girly, pair it with a flirty dress or with your date night style. Simply take a two inch section of hair from behind your ear and braid it down to the ends and secure it with an elastic. Then, take the braid over to the other side, across your crown and pin it behind your other ear. Gently tug at the braid to make it look thicker and fluffier. Feel free to experiment with a 2-strand rope braid like Alia instead of a classic 3-strand plait if you want. Pair the look with pink lips for some more feminine charm.
5. Half-Up And BraidedImage: Sanam Ratansi in InstagramWe can’t help it, we’re a little obsessed with braids and long hair is perfect for going crazy with them! Try this easy long hairstyle when you feel like changing things up. Simply take 1 to 2 inch wide sections on either side of your part and braid them. Then, tie or pin them together at the back and in the center. It’s a look that works well with any hair type and texture and can be achieved in just five minutes.
6. A Super Smooth Salon FinishImage: Deepika Padukone on InstagramFor straight-ish, seriously smooth locks try this blow drying technique. The secret pro tip is to rough dry till your strands are about 80% dry - blast heat from your dryer while using your fingers to comb through your strands. Don’t forget to apply a straightening or smoothing balm/ serum to your locks first. Focus on smoothing the front and top the most while rough drying. One trick is to flip your head upside down while doing this for some major volume at the roots. If your hair is wavy, curly or thick, then simply tilt it to the side while rough drying instead of flipping it down since you don’t need to build too much volume. You don’t need to pick up the brush till your locks are almost dry. Once they are, flip your head back up and use your brush to smoothen strands under the blow dryer. For straight to wavy hair, use a paddle brush and for wavy to curly hair, use a round boar-bristle brush for silky smoothness. Finish with a spritz of hairspray or swipe some argan oil over your strands to prevent frizz and to prolong the soft, smooth effect. Now, isn't that an easy hairstyle for some parlour-like polish?Also read: 8 Simple Ways To Add Volume & Bounce To Thin Hair!
7. The Half BunImage: Alia Bhatt on InstagramIf you want to try something fun, different and really easy, this celebrity approved hairstyle is perfect to rock whenever, wherever! Tie your hair into a half ponytail, wind it into a bun and pin it in place. Use colourful bobby pins to add a dash of fun to this cool-girl long hairstyle!