Bollywood has given us unrealistic expectations about way too many things in life – weddings being one among them. Most of the things we see in movies don’t actually happen in real life. Or do they? Well, obviously, we haven’t attended all the weddings on the planet, but we are going to make some safe assumptions here and conclude that the following things just don’t happen at real weddings!
1. The bride and groom are forced to dance and suddenly they are perfectly coordinated, with friends and family joining in and everyone’s moves are totally synchronized.
2. At the last minute, the bride ends up marrying her college love instead of the man she was just about to, like it’s no big deal!
3. Not all real weddings take place in opulent palace-like ballrooms with glass chandeliers; because, budgets.
4. Last minute dance-off type situations without a minute’s notice or absolutely any practice. Classic Bollywood, no?
Also read: 10 Little Tricks To NOT Be A Bridezilla (Be “Bridechilla”!)
5. Runaway brides - does this ever happen? Let us know because we think it’s highly unlikely in most cases!
6. No bride or even guest for that matter will voluntarily get drenched during a wedding just to be dramatic. Do you have *any* idea how much effort it took to get ready? Ain’t nobody got time for rain showers!
7. Special mention to the time when the sindoor “accidently” falls into the bride’s maang, indicating who she should *really* marry. #ItHappensOnlyInBollywood
8. IRL, wedding planners almost never look like Shahid Kapoor in Shaandaar. Totally unfair!
Also read: 10 Reasons Getting Married In Your Early 20s Is… AWESOME!
9. Also, we can’t be too sure but brides stripping at the mandap (remember that scene from Shaandaar?). That’s a first, even for Bollywood.
GIFs: Tumblr, Bollypop, Giphy
Published on Sep 28, 2016