Dear ladies, we know how challenging it can be to find the perfect pair of jeans if you have a curvy body. A dreamy pair that hugs all your curves in all the right places, without making you look overwhelming, while being comfortable too. Don’t worry, we are here with some really useful style tips on how to pick denims like a boss for all you curvy girls. Thank us later! ;)
1. Look For Stretch Fit (more than 2% lycra)
This is the key to find a perfect pair of jeans. If you are a curvy woman, always look for denims that have more than 2% of lycra in their cloth material. It will help you get a better fit and stay comfortable all day, without restricting your movement.
Popxo Recommends: U.S. POLO ASSN. WOMEN Blue Mid-Rise Super-Skinny Stone-Wash Jeans (Rs 2,099)
2. Studs/ Pockets/ Bling = Overwhelming
Prints around your bottom, hips or thighs draw attention to your curves, making them very unflattering. Try these tips for finding a better pair for yourself:
- Avoid the ones with overwhelming prints, blings, studs (or anything that catches attention) around the butt or thigh area.
- Choose a pair that has either no pockets or smaller ones rather than large or too many pockets.
- Go for jeans in which the back pockets are closer to each other or appear to be moving inwards. They tend to make your butt look better and more proportionate.
3. Try Bell Bottoms
Aren’t you glad flared jeans are back? They tend to elongate your legs and make you look leaner and taller. You should look for fits that are form-fitting at the butt, thighs and all the way down to the middle of your knees. Also aim for a bigger bell that flares out and almost covers your shoes. This will balance out your curves to make them look smooth.
Popxo Recommends: Tokyo Talkies Women Navy Bootcut Regular Fit Jeans (Rs 1,075)
4. The Darker, The Better!
Choose dark washes or darker shades of denim as they will make your legs appear longer, and cut down on the overall bulk around your hips. Also, dark shades are known to look more flattering and are easy to pair up as well. *Double win!*
5. Give Your Boyfriend (Jeans) A Chance!
We don’t blame you for being a bit apprehensive about boyfriend jeans making your curves look wider than they are. You don’t need to worry so much. When done right, they can be a really comfortable denim option and will make you look really good and effortlessly chic. Just follow these rules while shopping for them:
Popxo Recommends: Momokrom Distressed Boyfriend Jeans (Rs 2,295)
- Choose a pair that is well-fitted around the waist and loose on the sides.
- Keep in mind the inseam and the rise of the jeans before buying. A too-high rise can also be the cause of a ‘camel toe’.
6. Say Goodbye To Low-Rise Jeans
Low rise jeans may cause your tummy to overflow, causing a ‘Muffin Top’. Also, they can make you look heavier than you are. Try denims that have a mid-rise, they will make you feel comfortable and will flatter you more. Plus, low-hanging jeans are pretty much out of vogue too!
7. Good Underwear Is *ESSENTIAL*
Don’t be surprised, ladies. The underwear you wear can make a lot of difference to the way your butt looks. Good underwears lift up your butt and make it look well-shaped. You can also try spanx, they smooth over bulges and make your curves look fantastic. They are available in different styles including ones that also cover the thighs.
Popxo Recommends: Dermawear Anti- Cellulite Compression Mini Shaper (Rs 630)
8. Skip Jeans That Bunch At The Bottom!
If you wear jeans that do not fall properly or gather at the bottom around your ankles, you are unintentionally cutting down on the length of your body. Bunched jeans can cut down a decent number of inches from a visual perspective and make you look shorter and thus, bulkier. You should totally avoid them as they do nothing for your curves.
9. High Waist Can Make You Happy
The rise is measured from the top of the waistband down to the bottom of the crotch seam. High rise jeans will sit comfortably above your waistline and can make you feel comfortable. Just make sure they’re not too high though!
Popxo Recommends: Deal Jeans Women Blue Skinny Fit Jeans (Rs 2,195)
10. Choose A Waistband That Is Higher At The Back
An ideal waistband should be the one that’s a little higher from the back and slightly lower from the front. This is ideal for sitting above the hip and the smallest part of your waist and also no undie-show!
And, these are some basic tips that can never fail!
Internal Images: Shutterstock
- Wear your jeans with a top in a lighter shade. It will make your body look proportionate.
- Try wearing tops that are a little longer but not too long. They will make you feel comfortable.
- Choose denims that rest a little above your ankles. That’s a very flattering length.
- Darker washes look a lot better than the lighter ones. You can also try the ripped ones.
Published on Sep 11, 2016