Are you beginning to lose too much hair of late? It could be due to lack of protein in your body, living with a dry scalp, combing your hair too roughly, the change in seasons or simply just washing it too much. Instead of visiting a salon for a hair treatment, you should totally try making a hair mask at home. Here are 7 effective hair masks that will put an end to hair fall once and for all.
1. Show Me The Honey!Honey not only keeps your scalp healthy, but hydrates it as well. It also nourishes and prevents hair from breaking and falling. Step 1: Crack one egg and pour the yolk into a bowl.Step 2: Add a teaspoon of castor oil and 2 tablespoons of honey to the mix.Step 3: Blend all the ingredients well.Step 4: Apply the mask to your scalp first and make your way from the roots to the ends.Step 5: Wait for an hour and wash your hair using mild shampoo and lukewarm water. Do this once a week.
Also Read Homemade Hair Mask For Deep Conditioning
2. Have You Tried Coconut Oil Yet?One of the main reasons we love coconut oil is because it provides nourishment to the roots, repairs damaged hair and prevents hair fall. Step 1: In a saucepan, add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.Step 2: Turn up the heat and wait till the oil is lukewarm.Step 3: Pour the oil into a plate and dip your fingers into it.Step 4: Gently apply to your scalp and massage for a good 35-40 minutes.Step 5: Wash it off with warm water after that. Do this twice a month.Also read: 7 Surprising Things That Might Be Making Your Hair Fall!
3. Let’s Go Bananas!Since bananas are loaded with natural oils, potassium and antioxidants, they makes one healthy hair mask for hair loss! Give it a shot now. Step 1: Peel 2 ripe bananas and slice them into tiny cubes.Step 2: Mash them up to form a paste. Step 3: Add a tablespoon of coconut oil and drizzle some honey over it. Step 4: Apply it over your hair and leave the mask to dry for a good 40 minutes.Step 5: Once it hardens, you can wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this once a month.
4. More Love To YoghurtYoghurt contains proteins and vitamin B and D which are essential for hair growth. It also improves the texture of your hair. Step 1: Empty 1 scoop of yoghurt into a bowl. Step 2: Add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a few drops of almond oil. Step 3: Mix all the ingredients and apply the mixture to your strands and roots.Step 4: After 45 minutes, wash your hair using a mild shampoo. Do this twice in 3 weeks.
Also Read Homemade Hair Mask Recommended By Anoushka
5. Strawberries, Anyone?Strawberries will cleanse the pores on your scalp and make your hair shine!Step 1: Take a handful of fresh strawberries and blend them in a mixer.Step 2: Scoop out the grainy paste and empty it into a bowl. Step 3: Add 1 teaspoon of almond oil to the paste and mix well using a spoon.Step 4: Apply it to your scalp and roots and leave it on for a good 1 hour.Step 6: Wash it off with chilled water after. Do this twice a month.
6. Green Tea Is The BestDid you know that green tea is as good for your hair as it is for your skin? Rich in antioxidants and proteins, green tea helps nourish the scalp and hair. Step 1: Take the yolk of an egg and whisk it till it becomes frothy. Step 2: Add 2 tablespoons of green tea to the bowl.Step 3: Apply to your strands and let it stay on for an hour and a half. Step 4: Wash it off with cold water.Do this twice a month.Also read: 7 Homemade Hair Masks To Make Your Hair Smell YUMMY!
7. Castor Oil To The RescueSince it’s rich in proteins, it repairs damaged hair and also protects the scalp. More reasons to fall in love with castor oil!Step 1: Add 3 tablespoons of castor oil to a bowl. Step 2: A few drops of olive oil and a tablespoon of brandy. Step 3: Mix all the ingredients well and apply from the roots till the ends.Step 4: Sit back and relax for 20-30 minutes.Step 5: Wash it off using mild shampoo and don’t forget to apply conditioner to your tips afterwards.Do this thrice a month.Try any of these hair masks and bid goodbye to hair fall! Mark our words on that. Good luck!Images: Shutterstock