It’s finally happened. You’ve found the one and you’re getting married! Your engagement period is such a special time, but if you’re long distancing with your soon-to-be hubby, it can be quite different from what you would have envisioned. Nonetheless, it’s a time in your life that you will never forget. Here are a few things you’ll totally understand if you’re fiancé lives in a different city. Love really does trump distance!
1. He may be thousands of miles away…
But your future hubby is still the first thing on your mind every morning!
2. Most of your conversations are about the future
‘Coz the thought of being Mr and Mrs soon is just so exciting! Knowing that your future together is so bright makes the distance so much easier to handle.
3. You can focus all your energies on being a stunning bride-to-be
All that time you would spend with each other can be used for beautifying and primping yourself, or simply catching up on beauty sleep!
But can’t wait to start this new adventure together.
Also read: How To Tell Your Fiance About Your “Past”
4. You’re excited and nervous about moving away after marriage
From what you think he should wear, to cute décor ideas. Just because he’s far away doesn’t stop the two of you from making decisions together.
5. You’re constantly sending him pictures and emails of shaadi prep
6. You have a date for when you can finally be together forever
Unlike most other long distance relationships, where most couples don’t know when they will be able to put an end to the distance for good, you do. Hurray!
7. Your parents are always grabbing the phone when you talk to him
FaceTiming with your fiancé and your mom walks into the room? You can say goodbye to your private conversation because she’s only too eager to chat with her future damaad.
8. You’re spending quality time with your loved ones before you get married
Your fiancé not being around gives you more time to dedicate to your friends and family before getting married and moving away. You’re going to miss them so much!
9. You get to visit him more often than before
Now that you’re engaged, your parents don’t mind that so much. Things were not that easy with just a boyfriend. #DesiParentsProblems
10. Life feels like a big waiting game
The run-up to his next visit and the long wait till the wedding, when you can finally be together and start your happily ever after. Don’t worry, it will all be worth it.
Also read: How To Tell Your Fiance You Want To Wait Before Having Kids
11. You’re a long distance success story
In your face, all those people who just assume that long distance relationships don’t work. You’re marrying your long-distance lover! The two of you are a living example that even a long distance relationship has a happy ending. Aww! <3
A place where girls can talk about ANYTHING. (No guys allowed!) ? ?
Get the POPxo app NOW on Play Store and iOS App Store.
Published on Aug 15, 2016