Whether you’re the lucky bride who’s getting married or you’re the one attending a big fat Indian wedding, we know you have a lot of gorgeous shaadi outfits to flaunt! From sleeveless blouses to halter-neck cholis, your arsenal should be full of some beautiful designs for summer weddings. So we tell you how to get smooth, soft and hairless underarms in time for all the wedding functions - so you can dance without any inhibitions!
1. For Long-lasting Results, Don’t ShaveShaving may seem like the easiest, most painless quick-fix for underarm hair, but it’s not something you should do on a regular basis. You see, shaving only removes hair from the surface, which makes hair grow back quickly. We suggest you opt for waxing or epilation, as the results are more long-term.
2. Get Rid Of The Perma-ShadowDo you have armpits that are darker for the rest of your body? One reason for that is the presence of coarse stubble just below the surface of the skin. Again, the solution to this is to skip the shaving. Using hair removal creams usually aids in the reduction of this darkness and making the skin softer.
Also Read Ways To Keep Underarms Clean In Marathi
3. Exfoliate Before Waxing...Now remember to wax a day or two before an important function as that will give your skin time to heal and reduce redness in the area. Two days before your waxing appointment, use a gentle scrub to exfoliate your underarms. Not only will this remove dead skin to make your armpits smoother, it will also help make the waxing process easier!POPxo Recommends: Forest Essentials Revitalising Kashmiri Walnut Gel Scrub
4. … And Soothe AfterwardsWe know how bad underarm waxing can sting. To get smooth and soft underarms, it is important that you soothe them after waxing. You can do this by applying ice over the area, patting it dry gently and then using an astringent. Also remember to moisturize the area with a good quality, hydrating body cream and avoid wearing tight, synthetic fabrics for a couple of days.
5. Prevent Ingrown HairsA huge problem with most forms of hair removal is the possibility of ingrown hairs. Ingrown hairs occur when the hair curls back into the skin instead of growing outwards. Not only is this painful to experience, it can look not-so-great too. Before you shave, epilate or wax your hair away, wash your armpits with lukewarm water and an antibacterial soap. Then exfoliate with a good scrub to remove dead skin and open up clogged pores, as they lead to ingrown hairs. Afterwards, allow your skin to breathe by wearing light cotton clothes that absorb sweat and avoid synthetic fabrics. This should help prevent ingrown hairs.
6. Deal With Ingrown HairsIf, despite all your precautions, you still end up with an ingrown hair or two, don’t panic! There are two ways you can deal with them:1. Use a warm compress on the area to bring the hair to the surface and then gently pull it out with a clean pair of tweezers or a sterile needle.2. Apply acne medication on it to help get rid of it quicker. Benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, applied 2 or 3 times a day, should help reduce the ingrown hair.
7. For Blemish-Free UnderarmsDark underarms can be caused by a variety of reasons. If the problem is not a perma-shadow, you can use potato slices to lighten your armpits. Simply cut thin slices of a potato and rub them over your underarms. Since potatoes are a natural bleaching agent, your underarms will become lighter over a few weeks. If your problem is more severe, ask your dermatologist to recommend medicated options.
8. For Softer UnderarmsA yoghurt and orange peel mask is an excellent remedy for coarse underarm skin. Mix 2 tablespoons of dried orange peel powder in one small bowl of fresh yoghurt. Apply on your underarms and let it dry for for some time. Wash it off with cold water and apply a light, unscented moisturizer to keep the area hydrated. This mask will help you get softer and smoother underarms for all your shaadi functions!
9. Inhibit Hair GrowthAn Indian wedding means a lot of functions held one after the other. So how do you stay hairless for all of them? You do so by using a hair inhibitor to reduce hair growth! This handy little product gradually restricts hair growth, freeing you from the need of frequent hair removal.POPxo Recommends: Barever Natural Hair InhibitorImages: Shutterstock