12 Things EVERY Indian Bride Says (And What She Really Means!)
Getting married is an exciting, emotional experience that stays in our minds and hearts forever. As brides, we tend to say a lot of things out loud that we kind-of, sort-of don’t always mean. The married ones will vouch for this. Right, girls?
1. “I am not nervous at all.”
Because I can’t get myself to think beyond the next 5 minutes. If I dare think further than that, I’ll have a nervous breakdown!
2. “I’m excited to start living with my husband.”
Gosh darn it, I was sick of sneaking around. I hope he’s ready, because the queen is moving in!
3. “I just want a small, simple wedding.”
A large wedding sounds lovely, but exhausting to plan!
4. “I don’t want a designer bridal outfit.”
‘Coz honey, mama got budgets to take care of!
5. “I really don’t want my friends to go through the trouble of planning a bachelorette.”
I’ve been pretty vocal with what I want, and I really hope they stick to the plan.
6. “I can’t wait for this wedding madness to get over.”
I know I’ll miss it when it’s over, but right now, I just want to skip to the honeymoon!