12 Things EVERY Indian Bride Says (And What She Really Means!)
Smriti NotaniGuest Contributor
now on POPxo
Join in! (Girls only) >
Getting married is an exciting, emotional experience that stays in our minds and hearts forever. As brides, we tend to say a lot of things out loud that we kind-of, sort-of don’t always mean. The married ones will vouch for this. Right, girls?
1. “I am not nervous at all.”
Because I can’t get myself to think beyond the next 5 minutes. If I dare think further than that, I’ll have a nervous breakdown!
2. “I’m excited to start living with my husband.”
Gosh darn it, I was sick of sneaking around. I hope he’s ready, because the queen is moving in!
3. “I just want a small, simple wedding.”
A large wedding sounds lovely, but exhausting to plan!
4. “I don’t want a designer bridal outfit.”
‘Coz honey, mama got budgets to take care of!
5. “I really don’t want my friends to go through the trouble of planning a bachelorette.”
I’ve been pretty vocal with what I want, and I really hope they stick to the plan.
6. “I can’t wait for this wedding madness to get over.”
I know I’ll miss it when it’s over, but right now, I just want to skip to the honeymoon!