If school is the golden period of our lives, college bags the silver for sure! College is the place where we take our first baby steps into the real world. As we journey through it, it teaches us so many things, above and beyond classroom and books. Just how Monica said it in friends, “Welcome to the real world. It sucks! You’re gonna love it!”
1. Friends who will stick by you when you're toothless and wrinkled!
Whoever said that college friendships don’t last as long, was lying. When you are old and bored you may find yourself sharing a bench and a coffee in the park with your friend from college.
2. The realization that books and a degree are just not enough!
There is so much more to explore and do! There is a life outside of the classroom and that’s where all the magic happens.
3. Opportunities that help you grow and nurture your capabilities.
Opportunities don’t always knock on your door, sometimes they tiptoe around you, and you need to sit up, take notice and seize it! And if you seem to find none, you have to make your own.
4. Dilemmas that teach you to take responsibility for your actions.
5. The wisdom to look beyond faces, body shapes and skin colours!
Because none of that matters. What matters is who the person is inside. Who you become depends on how you treat people, the ones elder to you, the ones younger and most importantly the ones equal to you.
6. Freedom from the myth, that first love is true love.
A heartbreak is at times all you need to grow up. Falling in love is not a race or a competition. If your first love doesn’t last, it simply means that the right guy is yet to come along. So put the pieces back together, and never be scared to fall in love again.
7. The sense of growing up.
This is when it hits you that you no longer can laze around in your PJs all day. You have the best years of your life ahead of you and they are just not enough to do everything that you want to!
8. Perspective on things you probably had only heard of thus far.