This story was updated in January 2019.
Traditional saris are evergreen and always look beautiful. But we all like experimenting a little with our sari blouses, right? Here’s a list of 10 types of tops that’ll look FAB when paired with your saris
!! These can definitely come in handy when you want to borrow your mom’s sari but her blouse won’t fit you. Or simply when you want to add a twist to your desi style. The best part is that you’ll find at least one of them hiding in your closet! Have fun while styling saree with top!
Saree With Top To Slay The LookHere is the one stop solution to make your saree look stylish with proper comfort. So, try the new style of saree with top as per the list given below:
1. Oh Bandeau!Get rid of the sleeves and straps! Lacy, embellished or printed, a tube top will look fabulous with your sari. Wear a choker necklace to show off your collarbones and complete the look.
POPxo Pick: KOOVS Lacy Tube Top (Rs 695)
2. By The CollarSounds absurd, right? It surely won’t look so! Just try picking a plain fitted collar shirt and team it up with your sari to see how classy the combination looks. A shirt-blouse is the best way to make a statement at a social gathering with your colleagues. It’s something that plenty of our Bollywood celebs too have been experimenting with lately.
POPxo Pick: Basic Poplin Shirt (Rs 1,790)
3. Get Croppin’We all have at least one crop top that’s hiding in our wardrobe simply because we don’t know where to wear it. But now we do!! Go ahead and style a crop top with your traditional sari for the perfect indo-western look.
POPxo Pick: Veni Vidi Vici Brown Off-Shoulder Crop Top (Rs 1,080)
4. Sexy StrapsSummer calls for strappy and stringy affairs! Go sleeveless with a strappy top that could work really well as a sari blouse too. You can thank us later for all the attention you get!
POPxo Pick: FIRST & I Crochet Top (Rs 1,695)
5. A Simple Tee
A basic t-shirt will add a casual twist your sari needs. Add a statement necklace or funky bangles for the perfect look and you’re good to go without much ado!POPxo Pick: Jersey top (Rs 577)
6. Bardot MagicGive the crowd an cold shoulder by wearing a bardot top as a sari blouse. The bohemian touch will surely turn a lot of heads! So go out there and break a few hearts!
POPxo Pick: Blue Crepe Off Shoulder Top (Rs 499)
7. Bodysuit-liciousBy now, you’ve definitely seen pretty bodysuits in almost every store. Bodysuits are all sorts of fabulous and definitely a must have this season! There are a plethora of bodysuit designs & styles to choose from. We have more than one reason to love them! A bodysuit blouse will add sophistication to your look. What are you waiting for?
POPxo Pick: Bodysuit (Rs 742)
8. Playful PeplumA little bit of fit and flair. That’s what peplum tops are about! A peplum top blouse will help you get the western sari look you’ve been trying to nail.
POPxo Pick: My Heart Peplum Top (Rs 799)
9. Sweater Weather!
For the cold winter nights when you don’t want to freeze in sleeveless blouses, we have a solution for you! Wear a basic sweater with a heavy embellished sari or a trendy one with a plain sari. Either way, you’re sure to make a statement.POPxo Pick: Layered Broxy Sweater (Rs 520)
10. Red Bodysuit To SlayA saree with the red top as blouse is a basic fashion staple that one should definitely have in their wardrobe. For that, you can go for this red bodysuit that has a cold shoulder design with a button and keyhole at the back.POPxo Pick: Red Bodysuit (Rs 999)
11. Criss Cross Halter Neck TopA criss-cross halter neck top looks completely stylish when paired with a plain saree. It is basically a crop top that will accentuate your waistline and will make you look so good.POPxo Pick: Criss Cross Halter Neck Top (Rs 447)
12. Jenny Cut Out TopThis top is very stylish and has a cut out from one shoulder. It has a choker style that makes the top look trendy. You can adorn this black top with nylon single coloured saree.POPxo Pick: Jenny Cut Out Top (Rs 799)
13. Fitted Shell TopThough the pattern of this top is plain but the sheer net on the top makes it look super stylish and trendy. This top is available in the maroon colour and has a slim fitting that makes it accentuate your figure.POPxo Pick: Fitted Shell Top (Rs 400)
14. Halter Neck Crop TopThis halter neck front open top is made with a stretchy fabric that makes it easy to wear and helps to accentuate your real physique without making you look shabby.POPxo Pick: Halter Neck Crop Top (Rs 367)
15. Lacey Detailed Crop TopsAnything lacey looks so elegant, especially in traditional wear. This lacey detailed crop top looks very elegant and you can pair it with any type of saree.POPxo Pick: Lacey Crop Top (Rs 999)These were just a few ideas to fuel your imagination. Go ahead and have fun by experimenting and pairing saree with top!