With the proper care, love and attention, you will never have to use mascara or invest in falsies ever again! We give you 10 ways that will not only make your eyelashes grow longer, but also thicker naturally. (Thank us later!)
1. Stop touching your lashes!When it comes to looking after your lashes, always be gentle. Don’t rub your eyes or try to remove eye makeup in a haste. You will not only damage your lashes but will also get fine lines and premature under eye wrinkles. Trust us, you don’t want either of that to happen!
Also Read Home Remedies To Make Eyelashes Thicker In Marathi
2. Brush them with careGrooming your lashes from time to time will keep them away from dirt, dust and grime. It will also improve blood circulation around that area and will help make your lashes grow longer and thicker naturally. Invest in a tiny lash comb or use a spare, clean mascara wand and gently run it through your lashes.
3. Are you eating healthy?If you want longer and thicker lashes, you’ve got to eat clean. For hair to grow, you require a diet that’s packed with minerals and vitamins. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean meat will give your lashes the nourishment they deserve.
4. Say no to using fake eyelashesDo you often use falsies?! Well if you do, then, it’s time to break the habit. The glue on the fake lashes may not only irritate your skin, but removing them may also forcefully pluck out your real lashes! If you must, only use them for special occasions. Also read: 10 AMAZING Kajals That Last All Day (No Smudging, No Fading!)
5. Castor oil to the rescueFor your lashes, this home remedy is simply amazing! It makes your lashes grow long, strong and thick. It acts as a natural moisturizer and nourishes each strand. All you’ve got to do is dip a brush into a bowl of caster oil, apply it on your lashes, and hit the sack. Leave it to dry overnight and wash it off with lukewarm water the next morning. Doing this thrice a month will surely give you the results you’re looking for.
6. Avoid using waterproof mascaraThere are so many girls who swear by waterproof mascara. Before you become one of them, give it a second thought. It may be long-lasting and curls your lashes to perfection, but, it dries your lashes out and damages them over time. Plus, waterproof mascaras are super difficult to take off. Vigorously rubbing your lashes to get it out will only make them fall out.
7. Massage those eyelids with loveWhat if we told you that you can stimulate your hair follicles by massaging your eyelids? It’s true! It helps to improve blood circulation in the area and helps lashes to grow longer and thicker. In addition, it’s extremely easy to do and can be done practically anywhere, at any time. Just be sure to be gentle!
8. Coconut milk is your best friendCoconut milk can be used as a natural beauty ingredient. It contains healthy fats that helps to nourish lashes and gives them a nice shine. All you’ve got to do is dip a ball of cotton into a bowl of fresh coconut milk. Place the soaked ball over your eyes and let it rest there for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with chilled water. Try this twice a month for the best results. Also read: Thin, Thick Or Troublesome: Your ONLY Guide For Fab Eyebrows!
9. When life gives you lemons...Believe it or not, but lemon peels are a rich source of vitamin C, B, folic acid and other nutrients. Here’s what you got to do - place a handful of lemon peels in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the bowl and leave the peels to soak for a week. After a week, dip your lash brush into the bowl and apply on your lashes. Leave it on for a couple of hours and then wash it off with lukewarm water. For positive results, do this for 4-5 months.
10. Clean them with kindnessNever sleep with your makeup on. It will dirty the sheets and damage your skin and eyelashes. Always use facial cleansers, coconut oil or wipes to get rid of dirt, bacteria, grime and dust. Make this a daily ritual and you’ll be waking up to gorgeous lashes in no time!Images: ShutterstockA place where girls can talk about ANYTHING. (No guys allowed!) ? ?Get the POPxo app NOW on Play Store and iOS App Store.