Haldi is a very common spice in every Indian kitchen. However, did you know that this yellow, powdery spice is full of beauty benefits? It sure is! In fact, it is packed with anti-bacterial properties that clear acne scars, reduce fine lines and naturally remove dead skin cells.
How To Use Haldi For Face And Skin
There are many ways haldi or turmeirc can be used at home. But did you know it also makes skin supple and baby soft. Here are 7 ways to use haldi
for beautiful skin.
1. For Youthful Looking SkinIf you have tired skin, then chances are that you may also start to see signs of fine lines and wrinkles. Lucky for you, turmeric has a natural way of reducing any visible signs of aging.
Try this thrice a month for positive results!
- Step 1: Grab a bowl and add a scoop of yoghurt into it.
- Step 2: Add a tablespoon of milk and 1 teaspoon of haldi powder.
- Step 3: Blend all the ingredients well and apply to your skin.
- Step 4: Leave it on for 10 minutes and wash it off with cold water after.
2. For Clearing Up Zits And AcneZits and acne weighing you down? Don’t worry! Give this natural home remedy a shot and you’ll be amazed. The antiseptic and antibacterial properties will help in treating and preventing breakouts and scars.
Once a week and you’re good to go.
- Step 1: Add 1 tablespoon of turmeric and a teaspoon of sandalwood powder into a bowl.
- Step 2: Pour a little bit of lemon juice into the bowl.
- Step 3: Use a teaspoon or a toothpick to stir all ingredients well.
- Step 4: Gently apply it on your pimples and marks and let it dry for about 10-15 minutes.
- Step 5: Wash it off with lukewarm water.
3. For Lightening a TanAlthough there are plenty of sunscreen products available in the market but turmeric is mother nature’s gift to us. Here’s what to do when you want to reverse a tan!
Do this thrice a month to lighten that tan.
- Step 1: In a bowl, add 2 teaspoons of lime juice and 1 tablespoon of milk powder.
- Step 2: Add half a tablespoon of haldi and drizzle some honey over the mixture.
- Step 3: Use your fingertips to apply it to your face.
- Step 4: Leave the mask to dry for 20 minutes and after it hardens, wash it off with chilled water.
4. For Brightening SkinBelieve it or not but turmeric has the power to make dull skin go from drab to fab.
Do this twice a month and your skin will glow like never before!
- Step 1: Clean a papaya and slice it into small dices and empty it into a bowl.
- Step 2: Mash it up and add a teaspoon of haldi powder.
- Step 3: Add a teaspoon of honey and stir all the ingredients well.
- Step 4: Apply to areas that require the most attention.
- Step 5: Leave it to dry and allow the pulpy paste to soak into your skin pores.
- Step 6: Wash it off with cool water after.
5. For Super Fresh, Healthy And Clear SkinWhen turmeric meets aloe vera, you just know your skin is going to become fresh, clear and smooth, real soon.
Do this only once a week for fresh and clear skin.
- Step 1: Cut a small piece of aloe vera and scoop out its pulp.
- Step 2: Empty it into a bowl and sprinkle a few neem leaves over it.
- Step 3: Add a teaspoon of haldi and mix well.
- Step 4: Apply the fresh mix all over your skin.
- Step 5: After 40-45 minutes, wash it off with cold water.
6. For Soothing Skin BurnsHaldi is known for its antiseptic properties, a burn on your skin will cool down and heal in absolutely no time if you put it over it! Plus, it will glow soon after.
Try this twice a week and you can bid adieu to those nasty sun burns!
- Step 1: Mix aloe vera gel with a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Step 2: Apply it on the skin burn and leave it to dry for a good 15-25 minutes.
- Step 3: Gently wash the burn with room temperature water and pat dry using a towel.
7. For Treating Dry SkinHave dry skin? Don’t stress! Turmeric is what will breath life into your skin. You’ve got to check this home remedy out!
Give this a shot once every week for soft and supple skin.Say hello to beautiful and flawless skin from now on, ladies! Good luck with trying all of them.Images: ShutterstockMUST READ: 10 Beauty Benefits Of Turmeric (Not Just For Your “Haldi”!) MUST READ: 7 Ancient Skincare Secrets That Really Do Work Like A Charm!
- Step 1: Reach out for a bowl and pour some olive oil into it.
- Step 2: Add 1 egg white, a few drops of rose water and a teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Step 3: Dip a thick brush into the bowl and apply the gooey mix all over your face till your neck.
- Step 4: Leave it to dry for about an hour and wash it off with lukewarm water.