Don’t you just hate it when you just get a pedicure done and it starts to chip off after a few days?! Well, we do too! But what if we told you a few ways to make it last longer?! Yes, it's true! With patience and a little love, you can make that pedi last for a few more days. Here’s how!
1. Moisturize all the way!After you get a pedicure done, it’s important to moisturize your feet every single day! It makes your skin really smooth and keeps your delicate cuticles soft and hydrated. Apply the cream in between the gaps of your toes and on the sole of your feet just after you step out from a shower. Make this a daily ritual and you’ll have happy feet every day!
2. Cover up!When given a choice, opt for a closed pair of shoes and wear socks as often as you can, even if it's just at home. They will protect your feet from collecting dirt and your nail polish from getting chipped. Your pedicure is bound to last longer if you do this often.
3. To dip or not to dip?Just after you’ve gotten a pedicure done, try to stay away from exposing your feet to water for too long. Long hours in the shower, bathtubs and swimming pools are a no-no! The chlorine in the pool can cause your nails to become brittle and the polish to chip off easily. Also, excess exposure to water can make your skin wrinkled and swollen. The lesser time you spend in there, the better for your pedi!
Also read: How To Make Your Legs Look Better – 8 Simple Tips!
4. Top coats work wonders!Remember girls, your pedicure will only last longer if you look after it with care. Regular top coats are a great way to go about it. A couple of days after your pedicure, re-apply the coat. You can get it done at a salon or do it yourself - both ways work. It helps maintain the shine, luster and makes your toes look fresh!
5. Are you carrying your cuticle oil with you?Don’t just use this oil on your fingernails, use it on your toes as well. Apply it once or twice a day to increase the shelf life of your pedi. You’ll notice that your cuticles have gotten healthier and your soles feel soft and free from cracks.
6. Stay in one place, we say!Very often the lady at the salon will tell you that it’s okay to touch your nails and walk freely 5-10 minutes after the pedicure. It’s NOT okay. If you want your pedi to last, you need to let those babies dry for at least 20-30 minutes. Every minute makes a difference!
7. Exfoliate, baby!
Your nails may look pretty, but can you say the same about the skin around them? If that’s not the case, then you need to pamper your feet with lots of love and care. Just after a shower or when your feet are damp, gently rub them with a pumice stone. By doing this, you will get rid of dry and dead layers of skin. You will also slowly eliminate callus and corn from your feet.Also read: 11 Skin Care Secrets That Will *Change* Your Beauty Routine!
Also Read Home Remedies For Soft & Smooth Foot In Marathi
8. Use a roll on deodorant alwaysIf you have sweaty feet, chances are that they might smell and attract bacteria. In order to reduce sweat and friction, a deodorant is like a blessing in disguise. The same deo that you use for your underarms can be used on your feet - but, of course, maintaining separate ones for separate purposes is ideal. Happy and fresh feet forever!Images: Shutterstock