Choosing the right fragrance for your big day is essential. After all, as Christian Dior once famously said, “A woman’s perfume
tells more about her than her handwriting.” To help you decide, we bring to you 18 stunning scents. There’s something for every bride!
1. A Classic PerfumeConsider investing in a classic perfume (or parfum) for your big day. Perfumes have the highest concentration of fragrance, making them extremely long-lasting. All you have to do is apply a little perfume on your pulse points and smell gorgeous all through your big day! If you’re looking to buy a perfume, we suggest...
a) Coco by ChanelThis iconic scent from the House Of Chanel is elegant, romantic and perfect for the bride who likes to keep it classy and fabulous. Price: Rs 8,044. Buy it here
Also Read: Best Perfume For Women In India
b) Clive Christian No. 1 Women's PerfumeRecognized as the most expensive perfume in the world, this scent is manufactured using only the finest, and of course, the most expensive ingredients. A floral-oriental fragrance, it is sold in a painted gold bottle with the crown of Queen Victoria as the bottle-stopper. If you want something super luxurious, this is for you!Price: Rs 58,073. Buy it here
c) Versace Bright Crystal AbsoluThe deep pink bottle, the jewel-inspired cap and an intense fragrance - the Versace Bright Crystal Absolu Perfume is perfect for the bride who wants opulence on her big day!Price: Rs 5,768. Buy it here
2. An Eau De ParfumAfter a pure perfume, an eau de parfum has the highest concentration of fragrance, making it a favourite for brides! We love…
a) Ralph Lauren RomanceThe name says it all. This lovely fragrance has top notes of rose and citrus and a heart of water lilies and violets and ginger. Perfect for the bride who likes it floral and feminine, but with a twist. Price: Rs 4,518. Buy it here
b) Carolina Herrera SublimeIf ever you decide to buy a perfume for its delightful packaging, this should be it! Bergamot, rose, orchids and leather come together in this royal purple bottle.Price: Rs 4,518. Buy it here
c) Jimmy Choo BlossomPretty in pink and dominated by raspberry, this fragrance is subtly floral and perfect for the fun and feminine bride!Price: Rs 3,864. Buy it here
3. An Eau De ToiletteOne of the most popular options for daywear is a good eau de toilette fragrance. It has a lower concentration of essential oils as compared to perfumes and eau de parfums, which means that it lasts for 3 to 4 hours. For the bride who wants an EDT, we recommend...
a) Issey Miyake Pleats PleaseThis stunningly packaged scent is refreshing and revitalizing. Smell sweet through all your wedding functions with this by your hand. Price: Rs 3,765. Buy it here
b) Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds & EmeraldsA rich fragrance for the bride who wants to be bold and beautiful on her wedding. This EDT is a blend of white rose, water lily and gardenia, with lower notes of carnation and jasmine. Price: Rs 2,700. Buy it here
c) Gucci Eau De Toilette by GucciGucci EDT from the Italian luxury brand Gucci is a fragrance that’s smart and sophisticated. Ideal for your big day!Price: Rs 3,983. Buy it here
4. A Traditional IttarIttar or attar is the traditional perfume that is made of essential oils distilled with water. High-quality ittars are all-natural and alcohol-free, making them long-lasting and very much in demand. We think they’re perfect for the bride who likes it traditional.
a) Maurya Earth Mystic AttarThis 100% natural and pure attar is infused in a base of sandalwood oil. Distilled from the earth in the forests of Kannauj after rainfall, this enigmatic scent is perfect for the bride who likes an aura of mystery around herself. Price: Rs 3,700. Buy it here
b) Hedonista Fleur Frozen IttarA modern twist on a traditional ittar - this stunning scent is all-natural and free of chemicals.Price: Rs 1,045. Buy it here
c) Iba Halal Care Pure Attar Arabian OudhAn alcohol-free, vegan and long-lasting perfume that is sweet, woody and aromatic. Perfect for the bride who likes it natural!Price: Rs 175. Buy it here
5. A Body MistSummer weddings mean that you need to feel fresh and fragrant throughout, which is when body mist comes to the rescue. While body mists may not last very long, good ones are not alcohol-based, which means they keep your skin hydrated. Perfect for a bride, we say!
a) Miss Dior Silky Body MistThis lightweight and sensual body mist is a boon during wedding preparations, when you definitely need a whiff of freshness. It’s also floral and feminine, making it a wonderful product for all brides. Price: Rs 3,486. Buy it here.
b) Forest Essentials Body Mist NargisThe nargis flower blooms for just a few months in the mountains of India. Such an exclusive scent, bottled by Forest Essentials, is perfect for a bride-to-be. Price: Rs 1,675. Buy it here
c) Victoria's Secret Pure Seduction Flirt Body Fragrance MistPerhaps the first name that comes to mind when one hears body mist is Victoria’s Secret. This delicate scent is perfect for your honeymoon!Price: Rs 625. Buy it here
6. Perfumed OilsA perfume oil is a great option since the carrier is not alcohol but oil. When alcohol evaporates, the fragrance of your perfume can change. Perfume oils, however, have a more constant fragrance throughout. You can opt for…
a) Fabindia Musk Perfume OilThe classic aroma of musk in an easy roll-on bottle that the bride can conveniently carry around! We love.Price: Rs 290. Buy it here
b) White Musk Perfume OilMusk, lily, rose and vanilla all come together to make this heady fragrant oil. Perfect for the bride who likes it classy and elegant.Price: Rs 1,895. Buy it here
c) Blossom Kochhar Jasmine OilUse this pure essential oil on your pulse points to smell like a dream all through your wedding!Price: Rs 425. Buy it hereFeatured image: Shutterstock