Spotting dandruff a month before your big day may come as a shock! But before you panic, you can tackle the issue like a boss using the ingredients lying around in your kitchen. They will treat dandruff, and will also make your scalp healthy and improve your hair’s texture. Here are 8 amazing home remedies for treating dandruff in time for the shaadi. (Thank us later!)
1. Coconut oil is the best!Coconut oil has anti-fungal properties that can eliminate dandruff like a pro! It not only helps to moisturize your dry scalp but it also curbs the urge to itch and offers instant relief. Step 1 - In a bowl, add a tablespoon of coconut oil and a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.Step 2 - Stir the mix well and and apply it on your scalp.Step 3 - Rub and massage you scalp for 15-20 minutes.Step 4 - Wash it off with chilled water. How often: 2 to 3 times a week.
Also Read 10 Best Anti-Dandruff Shampoo To Control Dandruff In Marathi
2. Egg yolks for the winApplying egg yolk to your mane may seem like a messy job, however, it’s totally worth it! It nourishes your hair, improves its texture and does away with dandruff. Step 1 - In a bowl, crack 2 eggs and seperate the yolks in the bowl. Step 2 - Using your fingertips, apply the yolk to dry hair. Step 3 - Wear a showercap and allow it to dry on your hair for an hour.Step 4 - Wash it off with cool water using a mild shampoo. How often: Once a week.
Also read: How To Keep Your Hair Smooth & Shiny Through Your Wedding Week!
3. Have you tried fresh neem leaves yet?
Neem leaves can be the best natural solution to treating dandruff if you know how to use them. They also help cure scalp acne, hair fall and itchiness. It’s one of the best!Step 1 - In a steel container, add 5 cups of water and toss in a few neem leaves. Step 2 - Add a couple of olive oil drops to the solution and leave it to boil for 5 minutes.Step 3 - Let it cool and strain the liquid.Step 4 - Pour the solution on your hair and wash it off with room temperature water after 15 minutes.How often: Anything between 2 to 4 times a week.
4. Apple cider vinegar foreverThink of apple cider vinegar as your natural hair doctor. It surprisingly treats dandruff, balances pH levels and cleanses your scalp and hair follicles. You should try it!Step 1 - Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a bowl. Step 2 - Add a few drops of tea tree or olive oil and a cup of water to the mix and stir well. Step 3 - Gently pour over the scalp and massage it.Step 4 - After 3-5 minutes, wash it off with cool water.How often: Twice a week.
5. We LOVE olive oilThis natural oil is not only perfect for moisturizing your scalp, but it also does a brilliant job at tackling dandruff. Step 1 - Pour a bit of olive oil in a pan and turn up the heat.Step 2 - Apply it to hair and massage your scalp.Step 3 - Wrap your hair in a warm towel and keep it on overnight.Step 4 - Remove the towel and wash your hair using mild shampoo and a bit of conditioner.How often: Once a week.
Also read: 6 Ways To Get That Perfect Bridal Glow… At Home!
6. Fenugreek seeds have superpowersArmed with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, fenugreek (methi) seeds may be tiny in size, but they do help treat dandruff and keep your scalp healthy. Step 1 - Grind a handful of fenugreek seeds using a manual grinder and not a mixer.Step 2 - Empty the paste into a container and pour water over it. Step 3 - Leave it to soak overnight. Step 4 - The next morning, pour the paste over your hair and leave it on for 15 minutes.Step 5 - Rinse it off using cold water.How often: Once a week.
7. Baking soda as a hair weaponHide your shampoo bottle and replace it with baking soda. It helps fight dandruff, absorbs oil and removes dead skin cells. Step 1 - While you’re taking a shower, apply a bit of baking soda to wet hair.Step 2 - Let it set and soak in for 5-10 minutes.Step 3 - Rinse it off after.How often: Once a week.
8. When life gives you lemons…Lemons are scalp healers. They contain an acid that helps fight dandruff-causing bacteria and soothes your scalp. Step 1 - Squeeze the juice of two lemons into a bowl.Step 2 - Add a scoop of unflavoured yoghurt and mix well.Step 3 - Apply a generous amount to your scalp and keep it on for 5-10 minutes.Step 4 - Wash it off with chilled water after. How often: Twice a week.Images: Shutterstock