Marwaris are a lovely community and they have made their way to different parts of the world thanks to their credibility and business acumen. But there are certain stereotypes that should just find their way out of the door. We girls do get tired of hearing this over and over again. Here are 13 things we wish people stopped telling us!
1. “You must be having Bhujia everyday, no?”
No! We do love bhujiya, especially the bikaneri ones, but we don’t live on it. But, you can thank us for this special dish!
2. “You are 27 years old, how come you’re not married yet?”
Simply because age is not directly proportional to getting married. It’s when you feel like settling down with the right partner.
3. “Have you already visited the Char Dham?”
I have, actually visited more than the four dhams. But, it’s not the best assumption to make. Some of us are very religious, but it’s still a choice.
4. “Oh, you are a marwari, so you are definitely not going to eat non-veg?”
I mean technically, yes, but then again, it’s a personal choice.
5. “Arey, she’ll use her maru streak to find us a cheap deal!”