Shopping, without looking at the price tags, is something every girl wants to do. All of us want enviable wardrobes stuffed with branded clothes but, for most of us, it remains a dream. Shopping smart is the way to achieve the perfect wardrobe without succumbing to debt. Let POPxo show you how…
Also Read About Mumbai Street Shopping
1. Keep an eye out for store openingsVarious high-end brands give away vouchers and heavy discounts during store openings. Follow brands on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram to receive info about new store launches. It’s the best opportunity to stock up on branded clothes without burning a hole in your pocket.
2. Thrift shopping is the way to goEvery city has a thrift market that is home to factory rejects. These clothes are priced around 100-500 bucks and are great steals. Do not be tempted to buy everything you find though. Check each piece for rips, stains and missing buttons. These minor flaws can result in great price drops and some heavy-duty bargaining.
3. Don’t skimp on necessitiesWardrobe necessities like a pair of blue jeans, an LBD, black heels and a sturdy handbag never go out of style. One should not skimp on these as they will allow you to put together great outfits without much effort. In the financial scheme of fashion, these are unavoidable business expenses!
4. Bargaining is the way to goAs children, we don’t really appreciate the bargaining skills our mums have. However, as we grow up, we all realize that it is the most powerful tool a woman can possess. As you go thrift shopping, arm yourself with this powerful weapon and fire your way through the battle of budgeting.
5. The right accessoriesAccessories can up your fashion game! A statement neckpiece can funk up your simple white t-shirt and blue jeans outfit. Similarly, a colourful scarf will brighten up any outfit and the right earrings can complete your look. The most affordable ones range between 10-150 bucks, so make sure you’re not spending more than this on any of these items.Contributed by: Meghal KarkiMeghal is currently pursuing a degree in Literature from Daulat Ram College, Delhi. She is almost always found with her nose buried in a book. Along with books, food and fashion are the things she lives for.MUST-READ : “Be A QUEEN” & 9 Other Things A Girl Should Always Remember!MUST-READ : Guys vs Girls: What We REALLY Think About Shopping!