Girls, we think the biggest challenge of dressing up in desi wear is finding the right shoes to pair with your ensemble. It’s not like you can slip into your everyday ballerinas or fave sneakers when you’re wearing a salwaar suit or a saree. Your shoes should be comfy, appropriate and have the right amount of bling for the occasion. We help make life easier by picking out different footwear to wear with your Indian wear. Choose between flats or heels and rock your desi style perfectly from head to toe.
1. Vasnm FlatsBright colours and attention-grabbing embroidery, we’re loving these playful flats. You can wear them with your traditional wear or pair them with jeans to make a head-turning statement. Price: Rs. 599. Buy it here.
2. Leatherwood HeelsThere’s something so elegant about pearls and a style like this goes with any Indian outfit you wear, including a saree. The wedge heel is the perfect height as it is neither too high, nor too short. This is a shoe that can be worn in the day and the night. Price: Rs. 1,499. Buy it here.
3. Zeba Pom-Pom Tie Up SandalsHow cute are these multi-coloured pom-poms? These would be our fave pair of flats to wear with pretty anarkalis or with jeans and a kurta. They’re sure to brighten up our day!Price: Rs. 1,549. Buy it here.
4. Paduki FlatsKolhapuris will never go out of style. They’re classic, trendy, super comfy and can be worn with just about anything. Get them in bright colours or stick to silver or gold that will go with anything and everything. Price: Rs. 1,599. Buy it here.
5. Silver Embellished StilettosIf Carrie Bradshaw ever attended an Indian wedding, these would probably be the shoes she would wear with her designer ensemble. Price: Rs. 1,899. Buy it here.
6. Coral Haze Cherry Blossom JuttiWe think these slip-on juttis are just perfect to pair with salwars and churidars for the office or any daytime occasion. They’re so comfy and the colours make it easy to match them with most outfits. Price: Rs. 1,900. Buy it here.
7. New Look Platform SandalsYou can’t go wrong with a comfy pair of gold platforms. They go well with any colour and can be worn with a sari just as easily as with a suit. Price: Rs. 2,295. Buy it here.
8. No Doubt Pom-Pom Trimmed HeelsWe can’t get enough of pom-poms, this time with heels. Nude shoes are a wardrobe staple as they can come to your rescue at those I-don’t-know-what-to-wear moments. Plus, these are sure to help you make a major style statement wherever you go! Price: Rs. 2,995. Buy it here.HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: 7 Stylish Ways To Give Your Indian Wear A Modern Twist!MUST-READ: 6 Indian Wear Styling Mistakes That Make You Look Shorter!