8 Things You’ll ONLY Get If You Take The Metro Every Day!
Neha GuptaSenior Lifestyle Writer, POPxo
now on POPxo
Join in! (Girls only) >
From fighting your way in to grab a seat to running into long lost friends - life in the metro is a crazy, crazy ride. Here are 8 things you’ll totally get if you too travel in the metro. Buckle up, ladies!
1. You have pulled off Matrix-like moves quite a few times and totally felt like you deserved a clap from everyone on the station.
Sliding in seconds before the door closes and squeezing in where no place exists - those are no easy feats, yo!
2. You don’t even feel guilty about not exercising, for you run and jostle and sweat enough in the metro.
You thought getting a seat was easy? It’s a fight. A fight that takes energy and burns calories.
3. You can now watch movies, read books or enjoy music in the most awkward positions possible...
… And still not get disturbed by random pushes and sudden breaks. For even if you fall, you fall on another body, so no pain there.
4. You aren’t even ashamed of eavesdropping on other people’s conversations…
In fact, you have jumped between two people talking and gone on to give them your opinion on whatever they were discussing. It’s a long journey, guys. No one minds small talk.
5. In fact, metro rides make up for the social life you don’t have time for!
It is where you run into long lost friends and have the most fun catch ups, after all.
6. You have spent so many hours of your life travelling in the metro and counting stations for the lack of anything better to do …
… That now you know the metro map like the back of your hand, and can direct anyone on any station, on any line.
7. You have also become quite patient with the human race after your daily sojourns....
Yes, some of them don’t always bathe and have BO issues and their young ones just want to squeal and fall and cry, but you can now control your feelings and let these moments pass, without losing your cool.
8. Your friends and family are used to receiving a daily feed about your metro adventures!
It’s almost like you could start a daily journal on your metro visits… Hmm, not a bad idea, really!