To us desi girls, summer holidays rarely spelt disneyland. But more often than not, it meant a week long stay at “naani house”. In fact, for many of us, it was the only long trip away from home that we went for, and yet it was amazing, every single time. Here are 8 things that only happen in naani ka ghar!
And that’s a rare sight considering how she is the one who keeps pushing you to your bed as soon as the clock strikes 10, back at home.
1. Your mum stays up late at night gossipping with your nani and maasi…
2. You get to hear SO many tales of what your parents were like when they were young…
Your nani is like a gold mine from a time you can’t believe used to exist. She never fails to fascinate you with her never-ending tales of your parents’ exploits as kids and young lovers.
3. In fact, your mum gets scolded, if she tries to scold you…
4. All day long you are fed sweets, chips, samose - and just whatever else you wish for.
You are just too spoilt for choice.
5. You sleep in the early morning, wake up after half the day has passed and yet no one says a word to you…
Ah, the good life. This is what every day should be like!
6. You cram into bed with your cousins and queue up for bathrooms
‘Coz suddenly there are so many people in the house, that all sense of “organized living” is abandoned.
7. You play board games and look up old albums where everyone looks weird and laugh like you can’t stop…
All this makes you wish you could stay there forever. But then you miss your dad and your friends back at home a lot too!
And you feel super sad to go back home. But then your nani packs a hundred gifts and snacks for you and that makes the journey back home, a bit better! :p
GIFs: Tumblr, Giphy
HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!
MUST-READ: 9 Things You’ll Get If You’re The ONLY Daughter In The Family!
MUST-READ: 9 Things You ONLY Get If You’re A Maasi! Want to know more?
8. Summer holidays at nani’s house feels like a week long party
Published on Jun 25, 2016