Whether you were in a co-ed school, in an all-girls' school, or just grew up in a neighborhood full of girls, you know what girl-on-girl hate feels like. We’ve all probably come across girls who would do anything to make another feel inferior. Chances are, we might have also been part of that hate! But it’s 2016, and it’s high time we overcome the hate and spread girl-on-girl love. Here’s why...
1. Jealousy equals admiration
If you are jealous of another girl and her achievements, it simply means that you admire her work (or her looks!). So why pass on such negativity? Turn it around and, instead, start to appreciate her for what she has achieved. It is just going to make you more friends.
2. Very few of us are really confidentAt the end of the day, there are very few women who are really confident in their skin. Popular media has made it hard for a woman to be happy with her looks or her body. See that really pretty girl in the corner? She probably hates something about her looks too. So why be a race that is low on self-esteem?
3. Hate doesn’t make you better
Hating someone or making someone feel inferior will never make you a better person, or for that matter, make you feel better about yourself. It will just spread a lot of bitter feelings. Complement the women you come across, make them smile. The more you do this, the more people are going to try and keep you happy.
4. Girl power We are the strongest beings on this planet. We have the power to create life and bear the pain that comes with it. Imagine a world where women support each other and everyone has a positive body image. Feels good, right?
5. Too many other problems
We already have too much going against us - chauvinism, skewed sex ratios and bad body idols. Fighting these issues is more important than fighting amongst each other. Let’s not.
6. It’s not in our heartsIt’s not in our hearts to hate someone or bring someone down. It is in all our hearts to give love and make this world a better place for all. We are, after all, the creators of all mankind. Contributed by: Yashi JainYashi is currently pursuing a degree in Mass Communication at St Xavier's College, Kolkata. She needs nothing more than a glass of lemonade and a book by her side to be happy. She loves travelling, swimming and believes in the power of love.
MUST-READ : 7 Reasons You NEED To Have A Girls’ Night Right Now!
MUST-READ : 15 Signs Your Girls Are Forever And Men Are Whatever! *Wink*