Too much of anything is a bad thing and the best way to live life is to follow the golden rule - to stay on the median. Learn how to enjoy things by making sure there are no harmful consequences that you will regret later. However, with intercourse, even if it is not overdone, there could be
side-effects of sex that seem a little weird but you should totally not freak out about them because trust us, they're completely normal.
Side Effects of Sex Which Seem Weird But Are Totally Normal
The ins and outs of sexual intercourse are very easy to wrap around our head, from the dreaded UTI to varting. So, we have rounded up the most common side effects of sex everyday, that might seem weird at one point but are completely normal and happen pretty often.
1. You want it more and moreYes, one
side effect of sex is that it can get rather addictive because well, it not only brings you closer to your partner but because it also, literally, makes a person happy. Sexual intercourse releases endorphins or “the feel-good hormones”. Basically, you’re just making yourself happy. So don’t worry about liking sex a little too much.
2. You fall asleep almost immediatelySexual intercouse brings about some serious exercising as your body is constantly making movements. Also, sex decreases a person’s stress levels. So, it comes as no surprise that one falls asleep, quite easily right after. Even mid conversation for some, but it's still a totally normal thing!
3. Queefs happenQueefs, also known as vaginal farts, are a very common phenomenon. When air gets inside a woman’s vagina, it is only natural that it lets itself out. When it does come out, it sounds much like gas being passed but the only difference is, it happens from the vagina. This
side effect of sex happens to everyone, like literally - everyone. So, the next time it happens, don’t be embarrassed. Just laugh it off.
4. You might experience some painWhile in the act and after also and not just when you have sex for the first time. Our genitals are rather delicate and intricate in their make, so if it’s not wet enough, then there is bound to be some discomfort. Also, harsh thrusting may be a cause of pain. This is a
sexual side effect that can be taken care of easily. Use lubricants, make sure there is plenty of foreplay beforehand and ask your guy to go easy on you, be gentle even if the heat of the moment will make him want to do otherwise.
5. SquirtingThis is the dictionary definition of squirting - “cause (a liquid) to be ejected from a small opening in a thin, fast stream or jet”. This one is not so much a
sex side-effect but maybe a huge compliment to your guy. Rarely do women squirt and if you do, it’s only natural. Do not be shy about these things. Sex can be fascinating and with it the things that follow.
6. Losing interest in the middle of the actIt happens to both men and women, and the reasons could be plenty. Our mind works in mysterious ways and sometimes the most unfortunate thoughts crop up in the most unfortunate of times. These thoughts may keep arousals at bay. Another reason why this could happen is because you are tired, so listen to your body. The body needs and wants what it wants but you can to give it some rest too.
7. UTIsUTIs or Urinary Tract Infections are
side effects of sex, which could happen to anyone. However, if you're a sexually active woman, you might be at a higher risk of getting one. So to avoid UTIs, one must urinate before and after having sex. Drink tons of water and remember to clean your vagina and keep it clean.
8. You Produce a Lot of Fluids
If it’s squirting or female ejaculation, the two are natural side effects of sex for female. They shouldn’t become a reason of anxiety for us. While it is difficult to differentiate between the two, they are arguably interchangeable.
9. You Release Air From Your Lady PartsDon’t deny it, we’ve all been there! When you’re in the middle of sex, you totally savour the moment and all of a sudden you hear that sound - you vagina lets out a fart. It’s called queefing or varting, which is the result of a pocket of air that gets trapped inside your vagina. And the good news is - it is completely normal.Images: Shutterstock, Tumblr, GiphyHAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: 7 Reasons To Wait To Have Sex Until *You* Want To!MUST-READ: 10 Myths About Oral Sex That Are Just NOT True!