No matter what they say, we can’t deny that sometimes, having a big bust is a cause for concern for us. There are times when we just want to tone it down and not be all va-va-vroom about our precious assets. Although you can wear what you want, careful selection always helps. You can fiddle around your existing clothes and create ensembles that will take the focus away from the bust area on days that you wish to!
1. A-Line Dresses! A fitted bodice and a flowy skirt from the waist down is a no-no? If you’ve heard that before, we suggest you ignore it! The idea is to balance it out. Choose A-line silhouettes, skater dresses and gathered dresses to create some magic. They fall outwards naturally from the waist, defining your body in a beautiful manner. POPxo Recommends: Blue Striped Skater Dress (Rs. 1,035)
2. Matching Co-ords! When wearing two pieces, pick the same pattern or colour. You can pair a slightly loose top with the same coloured or patterned shorts, pants and skirts. They look phenomenal and distribute the attention elsewhere, taking the focus away from the bust. Finish your look with complementing shoes and accessories!
3. Boxy Tops!Anything tucked in at the waist draws attention towards the bust. The trick is to pick something that is slightly loose - like a boxy top - and do the half-tuck. It’ll look super pretty and create a more relaxed and casual silhouette.POPxo Recommends: Roll Neck Boxy Top (Rs. 1,195)
4. Collarless Jacket As A Layer!Pick a collarless jacket to wear on top of your dresses & tops. They give the outfit a shot of chicness and blend in subtly to not stand out like a collared jacket would. They also conceal the chest area perfectly and look classy. You can experiment with prints and fabrics without worrying too much!
5. Wrap Dress!
Wrap dresses work wonders for a girl with a larger bust. This silhouette crosses across the chest and enhances it in the best way possible. Pick printed fabrics that will not draw any unwanted attention to your breasts.POPxo Recommends : TOPSHOP White Stripe Dress (Rs. 4,263)
6. Dark Coloured Jumpsuits! One single tone or print from top to bottom will visually create a uniform vertical line. They will not highlight or accentuate any part of your body. Choose jumpsuits that have interesting necklines and, as per your choice, pick wide-legged or fitted pants. Jumpsuits with wide legged bottoms will actually balance out the whole look with a striking difference!
7. Camisoles Under See-Through Shirts! Wearing a straight neckline camisole under see-through shirts in georgette and light cotton fabrics will divide the body below the neck in a way that the breasts don’t stand out prominently. You could wear natural-coloured camisoles under shirts and they’ll do the same thing!POPxo Recommends : Black Printed Top (Rs. 1,080)
8. Fitted Tops With Loose Jeans!When you feel like wearing a fitted top, make sure to match it with a loose pair of jeans, like boyfriend jeans. Don’t worry about it making your boobs look more prominent. The loose jeans will balance out your frame, unlike skinny jeans that taper down!Images: ShutterstockHAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: 9 Styling Mistakes That Can Make Busty Girls Look, Um, Bustier!MUST-READ: 5 Fab Lingerie Brands For Girls With A Bigger Bust