All that glitters is not gold, silly - it’s an Indian shaadi that can be spotted from a long distance away! If you’re the kind of girl who doesn’t care for gold – wearing it, giving it or receiving it - then you are sure to get this one.
1. First and foremost, because I’d rather not look like I’m related to Bappi Lahiri.
“Dekho dulhan kitni sundar Bappi lag rahi hai,” said no guest ever!
2. Dear parents and in-laws, if you want to gift me something I’ll hand you my list.
A world tour is on it. Gold is not.
3. Even though I love movies, I don’t think the Oscar trophy is a good look for me.
4. No bride wants to look like Midas touched her before her husband could.
Umm...get it? The Midas touch? (Go back to your school books!)
5. My idea of a wedding is two families coming together, not in a Gold Souk kind of way.
Yeah, lena-dena is not my idea of holy matrimony.
6. Also, my heart is already made of gold.
I’m so cheesy, I can’t even!
7. Between work and meeting my friends for coffee, going to the gym, going on dates with my husband...where do you suppose I’ll wear this gold?
Imagine that rani haar in a work meeting. Just imagine.
8. I could care less about showing off to others.
If they are the kind of people who get impressed with gold, they’re not my kind of people anyway.
GIFs: Tumblr, Giphy
HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!
MUST-READ: 10 Things Brides Say (And What They REALLY Mean!)
MUST-READ: Jewellery Ideas For The Bride Who Doesn’t Want To Wear Gold! Want to know more?
Published on May 31, 2016