Whether you’re a nervous first-timer or are pretty accustomed to getting your downstairs area groomed, there are certain ways you can prep for your big wax. We tell you a few things you must do before your bikini wax to enhance the experience and ensure all your hair comes off smoothly and grows back slowly. Read on for a smooth bikini area!
1. Check Out The Salon
This is so important! Go to a salon that you trust, preferably one that’s been recommended by a friend or someone you know. The waxer should be experienced and practice good hygiene. Remember how sensitive the area is, you don’t want to risk an infection. Request for a new pot of wax - one that has been dipped in continuously for the person before seriously increases the chances of infections spreading.
2. Exfoliate Well A Day Before You should be exfoliating regularly for soft supple skin - and don’t ignore the area below your waist. A gentle, prolonged exfoliation sesh a day before your waxing appointment will help hair under the surface of the skin (ingrown hairs) be lifted and come off easily. Also, sloughing away dead skin helps wax come off easily, so less pulling means less pain. Keep the area well moisturized as well.Also read: #Waxing101: The Difference between Bikini, French and Brazilian
3. Definitely Don’t Shave In Between
You may get impatient or have a hot night planned with your man, but resist the temptation to pick up your razor, you’ll regret it when you’re lying spread-eagled at your appointment. Waxing after shaving is extra painful and shaving encourages ingrowths. If you absolutely must, then make sure to do it at least 2 weeks before your appointment.
4. Make Sure Your Hair Is The Right Length Your hair needs to be at least a quarter of an inch long to come off properly. Otherwise she’s just going to have to go over each area again and again and keep pulling. Ouch! It needs to be this length so the strip can get a good grip on the hair and pull it off smoothly. That’s why you should definitely not shave for 2 weeks before your appointment.
5. Take A Bath An Hour Before
A steamy shower will open your pores and soften the hairs, making it easier to come off smoothly. Anything to help reduce the pain ,right?!
6. Keep Your Period Cycle In MindThe week after your period is the best time to schedule your bikini wax because your pain threshold is at its highest. And keep in mind that the week just before your period is the worst time as your skin is super sensitive and tender.Also read: 10 Things Your Bikini Waxing Lady Wants You To Know!
7. Skip The Morning Coffee
Caffeine can stimulate your nerves, which means you’ll feel everything with extra intensity. It’s best to stay away from your fave latte till after your wax, trust us.
8. Dress Breezy Wear loose-fitting clothes for your appointment to allow your skin to breathe post wax. Remember, it’s a delicate area, you want to avoid friction against tight materials after your wax to prevent rashes. Skip the gym as well after your wax, treat yourself to a slice of cake (or few) instead. You totally deserve it!GIFs: Tumblr, Giphy