We’re always looking for inspiration for the next blouse to match our lehengas and sarees! Team POPxo shows you their favorite blouse back designs which describe their style with finesse. Along with the traditional beauties, some of them are really fresh and quirky too! So, here are 11 such interesting designs to inspire you!
1. The Sparkly Princess!Manasvi Jaitly, Senior Wedding Writer“When I sat down with my designer in Shahpur jat to design my sangeet outfit, I knew I wanted a floral lehenga but was unsure about what the blouse should be like. I didn't want something traditional and did want something that covers my 'not so great' arms. I love this blouse for all that it is! It's basically a tube with net at the neck and sleeves. The little gold/silver tiklis added all the sparkle and it's also my fav colour! It even looks fab when paired with a plain saree.”
Also Read About New Saree Designs
2. The Red & Black Favorite!Ragini Kapoor, Account Manager“I love red, and the combination of red and black always works. I have teamed this gorgeous georgette saree with a backless embroidered blouse. With the right amount of coverage in front and a sneaky open back, this blouse makes me feel more confident and always stands out. Also, it can be paired with so many different colours!”
3. The Woolen WonderPradipta Sarkar, Associate Editor“My mum knit this for me about 10 years ago, and it is basically the best gift I've ever received from her. Those chilly November days, when life feels a bit too nippy for a saree - this is my one-stop solution! I've even worn this to a Delhi wedding in the middle of January and suffered only mildly from feeling cold. And since it's a nice bright magenta, it goes with most of my sarees too. I don't have to wrap myself up in a shawl till late in the evening - WIN!”
4. Heart Skips A BeatAnushree Sharma, Product Manager“Weddings are all about hearts (well most of the time)! I was looking for a saree for my cousin's wedding and saw this saree the first time at an exhibition in Delhi where the really talented Arpita Mehta was showcasing! One look at this saree and I knew it was for me. The best part about this saree is the really pretty mirror work blouse with a cut-out heart at the back. I absolutely love this blouse because it is really classy and cute at the same time! :heart:”
5. The Applique Magic!Kritika Rathi, Fashion Writer“I found this blouse to match my white silk saree. I knew I wanted to get something colourful and heavy with a boat neck. I saw this hanging at a shop and was sold on it. The back has tiny pink potli buttons along the centre and the sweet little leaf motifs are in applique joined with golden threads. I love that it makes any saree look richer!”
6. The Blocks And Details!Dakshee Haryani, Social Media Coordinator“When I found this gorgeous mirror work cloth in the market, I knew I had to pick it up then and there! I opted for a simple ombre saree because I wanted my blouse to stand out. The back was mostly net, with a pretty flower patch. And those tassels added some playfulness too! The perfect way to show some skin without going OTT!”
7. The Bold Black One!Avisha Chaudhary, Social Media Coordinator“ I like simple yet classy silhouettes, this blouse right here was a V-neck full sleeved churidaar blouse. I kept it in a plain color so the attention is not taken away from my skirt. I also got a chance to accessorize my outfit, thus the pretty silver neck piece. The overall look was elegant and that’s so me!
8. The Pretty Embroidered One!Tanaya Seth, Editorial Coordinator“I teamed up my lehenga skirt with this silver embroidered blouse for a wedding in the family. I love the grapevine work all around the boat neckline of the blouse. The tiny silver circles all over made this one a bit more festive as I had kept my dupatta and skirt a bit light.”
9. The Shiny Geometric Back!Prerna Chauhan, Trending Writer“I wore this blouse to my college farewell, I didn't want it to be very simple so I bought huge latkans and added 3-4th sleeves to it. I was wearing a very simple saree, so i wanted the back of my blouse to be interesting. After looking at a lot of different designs, I liked this one. This blouse didn't drive all the attention away from my saree and everyone loved it! :) ”
10. The Traditional Beauty!Sanya Jain, Beauty Writer & Copy Editor“I was exploring the street shopping scene in Ahmedabad when I came across this blouse and realized it would go well with a saree I already had. So I bought this beautiful XXL piece and got my local tailor to alter it so I could wear it in my second year of undergrad. I love the colorful details on it!”
11. The Corset Blouse!Apoorva Gupta, Editorial Coordinator“I like to style my sarees a bit differently, I wore this yellow embroidered saree with a corset blouse to a fashion event and decided to finish the look with a silver choker necklace. It looked simple yet stylish, and that too with a indo-western twist!”HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: How To Style Your Saree For Maximum Glam? Team POPxo Shows You!MUST-READ: How To Style Indian Wear To Work: Top Tips From Team POPxo!