The shaadi season is in full swing and the girls at the POPxo headquarters are always busy putting together fab new looks each time they step out. And while sarees can seem like a bit of a task, pretty Indian suits are just what each one of us can totally rely on. From patialas to achkans and anarkalis, here’s bringing you all Team POPxo's wedding suit style!
1. A vision in white
Off-white is totally rocking the shaadi
scene right now and we know that when our #GirlBoss steps out, we've got to watch out! For a friend's wedding, Priyanka wore a stunning off-white anarkali
with minimal accessories and fresh, dewy makeup. Picked up from Ogaan, she sure does paint an elegant picture in this ensemble.
- Priyanka Gill, Founder and Editor-in-Chief, POPxo
2. Oh-so-gorgeous!- Avisha Chaudhary, Social Media CoordinatorBought from a designer store called Kimanand in Shahpur Jat, we just can’t get over the colours of this beautiful anarkali. Such a break from pinks and reds. We love the heavily embroidered neck and the pretty blue duppatta with the gold polka dots. This one's sure to make you stand out at an evening function.
3. Stunning in brocade“Indian wear is all about good colours and patterns. I found the carrot red with blue combination beautiful and also loved the brocade work. Since I prefer to keep my outfits simple with one statement accessory, I paired a big red rose with a braid which really stood out. It’s paired with a basic salwar and I have worn this suit for a number of occasions. Apart from the versatility, it's super comfortable and you can party in it for hours!”- Kriti Gupta, Head of Growth
4. Colour crush“I designed this outfit myself for a close friend’s wedding. The top bodice was originally an embroidered blouse and I picked up a beautiful golden tissue fabric for the rest of the anarkali. I mix and match the dupatta depending on how dressy I want to make the whole look! It’s one of my favourites because of the vibrant colours, the rich fabrics and the overall vibe!”- Kritika Rathi, Senior Fashion Writer
5. Patiala swag!“Gottapatti has always been my favourite. My mom bought this fabric for me while she had gone to Pakistan for an official delegation. The blue color of this suit appealed a lot to me and I chose to get a short kurta made and paired it with a patiala salwar. I wore it for my friend's wedding puja with juttis and aquamarine diamond earrings. The overall getup looked absolutely beautiful.” - Tanaya Seth, Editorial Coordinator
6. The red and black look!“This is just one of those suits that I have worn over and over again! I love the anarkali kurta that is paired with a voluminous red ghagra. The work on the suit is extremely light that makes it perfect when you’ve got never ending ceremonies to attend. Gold peep-toes, a bright red lipstick and a heavy pair of gold jhumkas round off the look.”- Manasvi Jaitly, Senior Wedding Writer
7. Bright and nice!“I got the kurti from Global Desi and teamed it with a flared pink palazzo. A pretty pink dupatta and a matching pouch from Westside completed my look. This outfit is perfect for a morning function and I wore it to a gurudwara wedding. It's bright and colourful, just how I like my style!”- Shivani Shrivastava, Trending Writer
8. A pretty blue picture“I wore this blue mirror-work suit at a friend's sangeet. The deep blue was a shade that intrigued me because it was unusual and not a typical pink or orange. The detailing of the suit added nice chutzpah to the otherwise sombre colour of the outfit.” - Ashmi Ahluwalia, Influencer Lead - Campus NetworkHAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: Pretty Blouses To Inspire Your Desi Style – Team POPxo’s Favs!MUST-READ: How To Style Your Saree For Maximum Glam? Team POPxo Shows You!