Girls, doesn’t dressing up in your traditional best make you feel extra pretty? We think it’s time to take things up a notch further by pairing your desi girl style with some pretty Indian hairstyles. We give you some easy, everyday “western” hairstyles that look just as gorgeous with Indian wear. Some are classic styles, some are fun...and they’re all so easy!1. Mogra MagicImage: Karisma Kapoor on InstagramWe couldn’t help but stop and stare at this gorgeous fishtail with a floral twist. The mogras definitely add a magical touch to Karisma’s traditional style. Such Indian hairstyles will certainly make you feel extra pretty on a traditional day.
2. Waves And BraidsImage: Sanam Ratansi on InstagramEnhance your natural texture with a bit of sea salt spray and scrunch it, then braid 2 front sections and pin them at the back. It’s a look that’s romantic, flirty and oh-so pretty! Plus, this hairstyle works well if you want to wear a maang tikka too.
3. The Pony + Pouf!Image: High Heel Confidential on InstagramWho said ponytails were boring?! Simply tease thin, horizontal sections at the crown with a fine bristled tooth comb. Use a hairspray for the extra volume, pin it down to form a pouf and gather the rest of your hair into a ponytail. This hairstyle for Indian girls is perfect to add a touch of glam to your style.
4. The Glitzy HairbandImage: A Fashionista’s Diaries on InstagramLara was a vision in this lace sari, don’t you think? We’re feeling mega inspired by her sparkly hairband to slide on top of any hairstyle for that regal effect. Such hairstyles with Indian wear are bound to help you cause a stir!
5. Looping It!Image: Alia Bhatt on InstagramAlia sure knows how to make a hair statement, and her desi style is no different. Steal her look by picking up thin sections of hair on one side and looping them. Basically, tie an elastic at the top of each of these little sections, stick your finger through it right above the elastic to create a little hole and loop the whole section through it. Do this with a few tiny sections. Then gather all your hair into a low, side ponytail and wrap a thin piece of hair around the base to conceal the elastic and pin at the bottom of the ponytail.
6. Something FishyImage: Kareena Kapoor FC on InstagramConvert a high ponytail into an uber cute fishtail, because it’s one of the hairstyles with Indian wear that you just can’t go wrong with. Kareena shows us how beautifully it goes with a simple suit. Learn how to do a classic fishtail braid here.
7. Sleek And On FleekImage: Sonam Kapoor on InstagramA sleek and simple low bun works well for the office as well as a dressy dinner or any traditional occasion. The “queen” of style rocked it at Cannes with her structured sari, and we loved the look. Just create a deep side part, apply a bit of serum on the top for that super sleek effect and comb your hair back, before winding it into a low bun. This look is such a great idea when you want to flaunt a pair of gorgeous, statement earrings.HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: 6 Pretty Hairstyles For Long Hair – Perfect For Summer!MUST-READ: 7 Pretty Hairstyles That Go Perfectly With Indian Wear!